Pulling information from client application

Ok, so here's my problem.

I'm trying to scrape data from a client application to get a list of upcoming events. The client application works like this:

1) The client application, once initialized, connects to a remote server over a tcp connection.

2) Once the connection to the remote computer has been made, the application creates 4 "frames" within the window.

- Each frame contains an HTML document

- Each HTML document resides on the local computer.

- Links in each of the HTML document point to something like this: <a href="excp:LINK201" onfocus="blur();"></a>

Ive gotten around the links issue by using the application's top menu using ATL + letter.

3) Once a link has been clicked (or going through the top menu like I do), the application downloads data from the remote server and display's the data in a table located inside of the main frame of the application. At this point, it is no longer an HTML document (at least I dont think it is).

4) The ClassNameNN for this table is: "AfxWnd421".

Im trying to retrieve this data from the table and am stumped.

So here are my questions:

1) Is there any way that I can just read from the input stream all the data that is being used to populate the table?

2) OR How can I read the data from this table?

3) OR, if anything, how do I find out the child control id's from within the "AfxWnd421" object? (as im suspecting it's just a container...)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Moderators

Does this application have a name that we can see what you are actually talking about?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Does this application have a name that we can see what you are actually talking about?

The application is called UltimateBet, Im trying to retrieve a list of all upcoming tournaments from the application.

Im not familiar with OCR, im assuming it stands for "Optical character recognition", which just seems like it would be a slow process.

Is there anyway I can just detect the input stream coming down from ultimate bet? If so, I could just read the data straight from that, which in theory, would be a heck of alot faster than reading data as an image....

Every application that I've found for OCR, requires me to take a screenshot of the application, then run that through the OCR app. Thats just plain stupid. I want a completely automated process of getting this data that is fast and accurate. OCR seems like a complete waste of time to me.

Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place?

Anyone have any VIABLE solutions?

Here is that the AutoIt window is giving me when im over the tournament list control:

Press CTRL-ALT-F to freeze the display.

>>>>>>>>>>>> Window Details <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Title: UltimateBet - Poker Lobby

Class: UltimateBetClass

Size: X: 258 Y: 160 W: 798 H: 565

>>>>>>>>>>> Mouse Details <<<<<<<<<<<

Screen: X: 592 Y: 447

Cursor ID: 2

>>>>>>>>>>> Pixel Color Under Mouse <<<<<<<<<<<

RGB: Hex: 0xE1E1E1 Dec: 14803425

>>>>>>>>>>> Control Under Mouse <<<<<<<<<<<

Size: X: 141 Y: 121 W: 447 H: 282

Control ID: 1

ClassNameNN: AfxWnd421

Text:

Style: 0x56000000

ExStyle: 0x00000000

>>>>>>>>>>> Status Bar Text <<<<<<<<<<<

(1):

(2): CAP

(3): NUM

(4): SCRL

>>>>>>>>>>> Visible Window Text <<<<<<<<<<<

Static

Tab1

16028 Players

1848 tables available

Date

Time

Stakes

Game

Buyin

Registered

Status

Winner

Tourney

Prizepool

Register

Mon Mar 05

05:15 AM

No Limit

Hold'em

Freeroll

Complete

ATC_WIN

5000pts PrizePool

Total prize pool: 5000 pts

1st pays: 1057.50 pts

139 other places pay out

>>>>>>>>>>> Hidden Window Text <<<<<<<<<<<

# waiting:

seated:

# watching:

info:

Static

join wait list

Go To

remove wait list

I spoke with smoke over PM, and he initially thought my goal was to make some sort of bot.

I want to make it quite clear that my intentions are to gather information on only completed tournaments, the date/time of the tournaments, the players that played in the tournament, and what place each person took.

I only want the data so that I can monitor my own tournaments and display stats based off of how well I did compared to other tournaments that I played in. I dont want or need any information regarding hands, bets, or anything else. Only tournament rankings pretty much.

So anyone worried about me making a bot, well you can toss that idea out of the window because I dont need one :whistle: