Embedding and using IE

Hi,

I've just started messing about with the embedding IE stuff, and got a little GUI up that shows the page I want, that all works fine. The problem is when I click on a link in that GUI, it opens the link in an IE page.

Is there a way of making the embedded IE load the pages I click on?

Do I need some sort of line to tell the embedded IE to keep focus and load all pages?

Thanks in advance

Mike

All links or just certain links open in a new window?

Dale

Edited by DaleHohm

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Well the javascript in the page works fine and loads within the embedded.

It's an online booking system so the free rooms, you click on and it should open up a new page where you can book the room. But the new page is opened up in IE.

So, yes, it appears all http:// links open in an IE window while javascript and stuff works within the embedded IE

Please test in a normal IE window If it opens pages in place, it should do the same embedded. If it opens new windows you'd need to rewrite the HTML and Javascript on the page to prevent it.

Dale

Edited by DaleHohm

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

OK I think because the way the webpage is created, the initial page asks you to login, then it opens the actual booking system in a window. I bypassed the login page in the embedding so i'm guessing that when i click something, it is trying to open in a window that doesn't exist so creates one....in IE.

i might just have to make it so the bookings can be seen but not made. i didn't write the webpage so changing it is a little difficult

thanks for helping me find the problem Dale :whistle:

ok seem to have sorted. i was linking direct to the page displaying bookings, bypassing index.htm

but the new window that is created references index.htm so i just made the embedded page start at index.htm and now it works as it thinks that is the window.

again, thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Glad you got it working.

Just for future reference. you can use IE.au3 functions to rewrite the HTML and script on the current page to change the way it looks and acts WITHOUT having access to the place taht the page source is stored... it can be done dynamically.

Dale