IE Refresh

Hi, I am wondering what is the fastest way to refresh the internet browser

IEAction ("my object" , "refresh")
_IELoadWait ("my window")oÝ÷ Øay-+"²Ø^}«-zËpk&î¶Ø^¦ºé¢²Ø^±Êâ¦×hzÉ÷öÚ)z{ayºèÂÇ«jwHv÷öÜØ­¶)z{ayºèÂÇ«êÞ±§±jjezíêk¡¹^Øb²+!£    ²±Êâ¦Û!¢é]$nëHv÷öÜÙ²±Êâ¦Ú)zx§Ø^nº0±êÚºÚ"µÍÚ[ÛYH  ÒQK]LÉÝÂÌÍÛÒQHHÒQWÑ^[H
    ][ÝÙÜI][ÝÊBÌÍÛÔÝXZ]HÒQQÙ]ØS[YH
    ÌÍÛÒQK  ][ÝÜÝXZ]^[I][ÝÊBÒQPXÝ[Û
    ÌÍÛÔÝXZ]   ][ÝØÛXÚÉ][ÝÊBÒQSØYØZ]
    ÌÍÛÒQJoÝ÷ Ù©e"wuú++®*mËaÆ®¶­sb6æ6ÇVFRfÇC´RæS2fwC°¤T7FöâgV÷C¶×ö&¦V7BgV÷C²ÂgV÷C·&Vg&W6gV÷C²¥ôTÆöEvBgV÷C¶×væF÷rgV÷C²

It is not clear to me what problem you are having. The pseudo-code is not helping. Can you provide a reproducer (a small piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble) and explain what is happening and what you expect in more detail?

Thanks,

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

You try harder to explain, I'll try harder to help.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

• Moderators

:whistle:@Dale!!

I'm reading it as him wanting to refresh a page that wasn't opened with _IECreate()... but then again... it leaves a lot to to the imagination.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I'm reading it as him wanting to refresh a page that wasn't opened with _IECreate()... but then again... it leaves a lot to to the imagination.

Hmmm - OK. If that's the case, then I misread what he was trying to say. But then Big Daddy's suggestion is on the money.

Dale

yep thats exactly what I need but not sure how do to it using IE functions without adding another ie window or attaching another one. I even tried all of the above it works manually but not in a script which is odd such as

F5

Ctrl-R

and control click won't work because it's not an object or the correct object.

If you tried _IEAttach, Show your code.

If you tried _IEAttach, Show your code.

but is that the only way to go about doing it. I also would like to know why F5 and ^R don't work in my scripts. I haven't made the actual script I make bits and pieces at a time and build once I am finish so I only tried the above examples

Edited by testingtest

At http://www.google.com.au this works for me , Attaching to webpage and refreshing it

#include <IE.au3>
$oIE = _IEAttach("Google","Title")
Sleep(6000)
_IEAction ($oIE,"refresh")
oÝ÷ Ù8b±©l£
+ç_®°yºZâ,µªíyÖ®¶­s`¢6æ6ÇVFRfÇC´RæS2fwC°¢b33c¶ôRÒôUôW×ÆRgV÷C¶f÷&ÒgV÷C²¥6ÆVWc¥ôT7Föâb33c¶ôRÂgV÷C·&Vg&W6gV÷C²

Is this what you wanted or am I reading your request wrong ??

Firefox's secret is the same as Jessica Simpson's: its effortless, glamorous style is the result of — shhh — extensions!

At http://www.google.com.au this works for me , Attaching to webpage and refreshing it

#include <IE.au3>
$oIE = _IEAttach("Google","Title")
Sleep(6000)
_IEAction ($oIE,"refresh")
oÝ÷ Ù8b±©l£
+ç_®°yºZâ,µªíyÖ®¶­s`¢6æ6ÇVFRfÇC´RæS2fwC°¢b33c¶ôRÒôUôW×ÆRgV÷C¶f÷&ÒgV÷C²¥6ÆVWc¥ôT7Föâb33c¶ôRÂgV÷C·&Vg&W6gV÷C²

Is this what you wanted or am I reading your request wrong ??

but I really want to avoid attaching a new IE window and opening a new window, thanks for helping though

• Moderators

but I really want to avoid attaching a new IE window and opening a new window, thanks for helping though

Forest through the trees comes to mind whenever I read you posts lately.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

_IEAttach does not open a new one, it attaches (dale is very clever with his function naming) to an existing window to allow you to control that object.

_IEAttach does not open a new one, it attaches (dale is very clever with his function naming) to an existing window to allow you to control that object.

what if I don't have a newer version of IE it wouldn't know what to do. If I do use this function is there away to close the attachment, also it has to refresh pretty fast and it will be cluttered

Forest through the trees comes to mind whenever I read you posts lately.

whats that suppose to mean, I did say I didn't want the a new window to popup I also noted I didn't really want to attach either.

I am such a pain lol but, WHY won't F5 or ^R work that frustrates me

I am glad your all trying to help me :whistle:

Edited by testingtest

what if I don't have a newer version of IE it wouldn't know what to do. If I do use this function is there away to close the attachment, also it has to refresh pretty fast and it will be cluttered

actually, i think you're more likely to run into issues if you're using the newest IE.... you can release the reference to the object by just doing something like

$VariableNameUsedToAttach = ''

and the speed of the refresh is the speed of the refresh, execution of your script will pause because of the _IELoadWait() that occurs in the background when you refresh programatically. your browser should not refresh any slower or more quickly than if you refreshed it with one of the other ways you wanted to. Speaking of, where are you sending F5? have you tried using controlsend() to send it to the window? ie.au3 is the way to go, but you should be able to do it manually with keypresses if you were so inclined...