IE Refresh

This is rediculous. We are 20 posts into this and I still have no clue what you are talking about. I asked you to provide more detail and your response was shorter than my question. If you want help, your responsibility is asking a coherent question with the detail necessary to answer it. Quit being so terse (or so dense) and explain what you are trying to do in detail or quit wasting the time of the people who are still trying to help you.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

This is rediculous. We are 20 posts into this and I still have no clue what you are talking about. I asked you to provide more detail and your response was shorter than my question. If you want help, your responsibility is asking a coherent question with the detail necessary to answer it. Quit being so terse (or so dense) and explain what you are trying to do in detail or quit wasting the time of the people who are still trying to help you.

Dale

It seems to me, Dale, that he's got a child window that's created by another window. he wants to refresh it, but doesn't understand (although he has been told how several times now) how to refresh it since he didn't create it. no biggie, hopefully the next post will be to announce that he understands what everyone has been trying to tell him, and has been successful.

Why do you feel obligated to guess what problem he is having? If you look back on these posts you'll see that you have worked harder trying to read his mind than he has in trying to explain his question.

Not a fruitful exercise in my book.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Why do you feel obligated to guess what problem he is having? If you look back on these posts you'll see that you have worked harder trying to read his mind than he has in trying to explain his question.

Not a fruitful exercise in my book.

Dale

i won't debate either of those points with you to any degree, but i had nothing better to do, and trying to figure out the difference between what someone says and what someone means is half the fun of the challenge to me. In his defense, he knows he's inviting any treatment he receives, and has pretty graciously accepted the responses even if he didn't really get what is going on. he seems to be trying, and i know we've all been there before.

Ok I am sorry and yet Really Thankful for Everybody trying to help.

I just need a simple script that refreshs the internet browser, for a certain process I would have to do manually, I think the IE functions would be good to use but the problem is my script doesn't open IE so I can't tell it to refresh for example

this will not work since $oIE = blank I even told it to get the window name

#include <IE.au3>
$oIE = 
_IEAction ($oIE "refresh")

if you guys could tell me why F5 and ^R aren't refreshing my browser withing a script my problem would be solved

oh and I forgot but control click doesn't work .... I don't think control click works with most IE interface

hope this makes sense

Edited by testingtest

• Moderators

I just need a simple script that refreshs the internet browser, for a certain process I would have to do manually, I think the IE functions would be good to use but the problem is my script doesn't open IE so I can't tell it to refresh for example

#include <IE.au3>
$oIE = 

if you guys could tell me why F5 and ^R aren't refreshing my browser withing a script my problem would be solved

oh and I forgot but control click doesn't work .... I don't think control click works with most IE interface

hope this makes sense

If you provided the actual script that you are having an issue with, I bet this thread would be 15 posts less :whistle:

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

If you provided the actual script that you are having an issue with, I bet this thread would be 15 posts less :whistle:

while I would but the thing is the script isn't made I said that withing a few posts of someone asking for the source.

I build in steps for example

one script contains the GUI

and each function is in a different .au3 file

I find it helps while producing scripts you don't get lost while coding Ive had that happen before and came up with the method

[edited] it seems that F5 is working now

more or less the script will look like this

While 1
    ;do stuff
Next
Send("{f5}")
WEnd
Edited by testingtest

• Moderators

This worked fine for me with 3.2.2.0 without having to have the URL or the Window name:

Opt('WinTitleMatchMode', 4)
ControlSend('classname=IEFrame', '', '', '{F5}')

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

#include <IE.au3>
$oIE = 

hope this makes sense

no worries man, and i do totally get what you're saying. you really want to look at _IEAttach() it will allow you to make your $oIE refer to whatever browser window you want, whether your script created it or not, as long as it's IE (and i don't know if it works with IE 7) but smoke posted working code, and you've got the function names to use if you want to do it the best way. I say the best way, because then you don't have to code in a wait, or a signal to wait for the page to refresh, because using ie.au3 will take care of that part, and will resume your code as soon as the refresh is completed.

This worked fine for me with 3.2.2.0 without having to have the URL or the Window name:

Opt('WinTitleMatchMode', 4)
ControlSend('classname=IEFrame', '', '', '{F5}')
hmm it is nice this works. I did a search before I posted and found out control commands didn't work for some odd reason but that was control click.