encryption

is there away to encrypt an Auto it script as the one i have just creaded as a test & set no to decompile, one of my collegues has just decompiled it with a cracked Autoit decompiler he found on the web?

Edited by chiners_68

• Developers

If you have passwords or something sensative in there then use the _StringEncrypt().

Check out this thread.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42258

What ever you do ... the password will be in readable format as soon as you have to do a RunAsSet()... Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Hi Endfunc,

ive used your GUI encrpter which works a treat. how do I then incorperate this into my plain script. do I just encrpt my password & overwrite the plain text version? or do have to add some code to desipher the encription..?

Hi Endfunc,

ive used your GUI encrpter which works a treat. how do I then incorperate this into my plain script. do I just encrpt my password & overwrite the plain text version? or do have to add some code to desipher the encription..?

Yes, but you will still need to use the _StringEncrypt to decrypt it in the script. You can declare a variable for it and place the variable as your password.

EndFuncAutoIt is the shiznit. I love it.

• Developers

Yes, but you will still need to use the _StringEncrypt to decrypt it in the script. You can declare a variable for it and place the variable as your password.

Could you explain to me how this makes it safer than just having the password in the script?

When you need to use the decripted password for a function as RunAsSet() i cannot see how it can be made truely save...

open for ideas tho ....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Could you explain to me how this makes it safer than just having the password in the script?

When you need to use the decripted password for a function as RunAsSet() i cannot see how it can be made truely save...

open for ideas tho ....

I guess nothing is truely safe. :whistle: However why do you have to use the plain text password for the RunAsSet(). I don't remember having to do that. Are you not able to use the Encrypted password with the RunAsSet?

EndFuncAutoIt is the shiznit. I love it.

• Developers

I guess nothing is truely safe. :whistle: However why do you have to use the plain text password for the RunAsSet(). I don't remember having to do that. Are you not able to use the Encrypted password with the RunAsSet?

Lost me on that question...

You need to specify the true Username and Password on the RunAsSet() and I don't see how it can be any different.

My only point was that I do not see the difference in the way the password is store when you need to have to translate it back at the time the RunAsSet() is performed and I haven't come up with a way that even when the Script is decompiled, the RunAsSet specified administrator password isn't revealed.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.