_ChooseHotKey UDF

therks

Bugfix (2007-03-26): Now recognizes either keycode in default key param for the keys with 2 different codes (bs, backspace; del, delete; ins, insert; esc, escape).

Bugfix (2007-03-23): Thanks to raca here for pointing this out. This made the function work improperly when giving it a preset key like _ChooseHotKey('#^{bs}'). Note also, I realized this function doesn't work properly for some keys with two different codes (ie: {bs} and {backspace}, only works for {bs} key). So I'm going to try and fix this right now, but I wanted to get this bug fix up first.

Major Update (2007-03-17):

I added in a couple extra functions, and changed the structure of the code to be a bit faster (no more huge arrays).

I also changed the name of the include file altogether, since it's more than just the ChooseHotKey function now.

I've created a few programs with AutoIt where I allowed the end user to customize a hotkey or two, and I got fed up with either explaining how hotkeys work ("# is Win, + is Shift, {space} is space", etc) and letting users enter them manually, or creating a bunch of controls on the program's window.

So I finally decided to code up a function that I could easily add in to any script, and figured I'd share it on here cus some other people might have a use for it.

Include header:

AutoIt Version: 3.2.2.0
Language:      English
Description:    Functions that assist with hotkeys.
Author:             Rob Saunders (admin@therks.com)
Function list:
    _ChooseHotKey
    _HotKeyToString
    _StringToHotKey

Function headers:

Description:        _ChooseHotKey
Parameter(s):       $sDefaultKey    - Default key to be selected when dialog window appears (in valid HotKeySet format). Default blank (no preselected hotkey).
                    $iReturnType    - Specifies return value. See return value comments below. Default False.
                    $sTitle         - Title for dialog window. Default "Choose HotKey"
                    $iLeft          - Left position of dialog window. Default keyword or -1 to center.
                    $iTop           - Top position of dialog window. Default keyword or -1 to center.
                    $iStyle         - Style to apply to dialog window. Default keyword or -1 sets to BitOR($WS_CAPTION, $WS_POPUP, $WS_SYSMENU).
                    $iExStyle       - Extended style to apply to dialog window. Default keyword or -1 sets to $WS_EX_TOOLwindow.
                    $hParent        - Handle to parent window for dialog window to be child of.
                    $bAutoDisable   - Set to True to auto disable/re-enable/re-activate parent window when dialog window appears/closes (does not apply if invalid $hParent set).
Return Value:       If user hits OK and $iReturnType = 0:
                        Returns valid HotKeySet format string (ex: "#z", "^+{enter}", "#^!+{numpadadd}", etc.)
                    If user hits OK and $iReturnType = 1:
                        Returns array with following info:
                            $array[0] = Keyboard key selected. ("c" or "{space}" etc)
                            $array[1] = 1 if Windows key checked or 0 if not
                            $array[2] = 1 if Ctrl key checked or 0 if not
                            $array[3] = 1 if Alt key checked or 0 if not
                            $array[4] = 1 if Shift key checked or 0 if not
                            $array[5] = Valid HotKeySet format string (same as returntype 1)
                    * Note: If the chosen hotkey is available (not already in use), @extended is set to 1, otherwise 0.
                    If user hits Cancel:
                        Returns "" and sets @error to 1 and @extended to 0
User CallTip:       _ChooseHotKey( [ $sDefaultKey = '' [, $iReturnType = 0 [, $sTitle = 'Choose HotKey' [, $iLeft = Default [, $iTop = Default [, $iStyle = Default [, $iExStyle = Default [, $hParent = 0 [, $bAutoDisable = True ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ) Show a dialog for a user to choose a HotKey for a HotKeySet function. (required: <_HotKey.au3>)

===============================================================================

Description:        _HotKeyToString
Parameter(s):       $sKeyIn - Key combo in valid HotKeySet format (ie: ^!a).
Return Value:       Conversion of input hotkey to string representation.
User CallTip:       _HotKeyToString( $sKeyIn ) Convert hotkey to string. (required: <_HotKey.au3>)
Examples:           In: #^c
                    Out: Win+Ctrl+C
                    In: !{numpadmult}
                    Out: Alt+NumPad Multiply

Description:        _StringToHotKey
Parameter(s):       $sKeyIn - Key combo in string representation (ie: Ctrl+Alt+A).
Return Value:       Conversion of string representation to valid hotkey.
User CallTip:       _StringToHotKey( $sKeyIn ) Convert string to hotkey. (required: <_HotKey.au3>)
Examples:           In: Win+Ctrl+C
                    Out: #^c
                    In: Ctrl+Pause/Break
                    Out: ^{pause}
Notes:              This function is not necessarily very useful because it relies on the input to coordinate with the 
                    $___HOTKEY_S_KEYLIST_NAMES global variable (ie: some people might write their hotkeys like 
                    "Control+Alt+Break", and this function relies on it looking like "Ctrl+Alt+Pause/Break").
                    I provided it mainly for converting the return from _HotKeyToString back to a valid hotkey
                    format if needed.

Let me know if you find any problems!

_HotKey.au3

Edited by Saunders

i try running this:

CODE
$key = _ChooseHotKey ()
MsgBox (0, "You chose...", $key)

#cs

AutoIt Version:     3.2.2.0
Description:        _ChooseHotKey
Parameter(s):       $sDefaultKey    - Default key to be selected when dialog window appears (in valid HotKeySet format). Default blank (no preselected hotkey).
                    $iReturnType    - Specifies return value. See return value comments below. Default False.
                    $sTitle         - Title for dialog window. Default "Choose HotKey"
                    $iLeft          - Left position of dialog window. Default keyword or -1 to center.
                    $iTop           - Top position of dialog window. Default keyword or -1 to center.
                    $iStyle         - Style to apply to dialog window. Default keyword or -1 sets to BitOR($WS_CAPTION, $WS_POPUP, $WS_SYSMENU).
                    $iExStyle       - Extended style to apply to dialog window. Default keyword or -1 sets to $WS_EX_TOOLwindow.
                    $hParent        - Handle to parent window for dialog window to be child of.
                    $bAutoDisable   - Set to True to auto disable/re-enable/re-activate parent window when dialog window appears/closes (does not apply if invalid $hParent set).
Return Value:       If user hits OK and $iReturnType = 0:
                        Returns valid HotKeySet format string (ex: "#z", "^+{enter}", "#^!+{numpadadd}", etc.)
                    If user hits OK and $iReturnType = 1:
                        Returns array with following info:
                            $array[0] = Keyboard key selected. ("c" or "{space}" etc)
                            $array[1] = 1 if Windows key checked or 0 if not
                            $array[2] = 1 if Ctrl key checked or 0 if not
                            $array[3] = 1 if Alt key checked or 0 if not
                            $array[4] = 1 if Shift key checked or 0 if not
                            $array[5] = Valid HotKeySet format string (same as returntype 1)
                    * Note: If the chosen hotkey is available (not already in use), @extended is set to 1, otherwise 0.
                    If user hits Cancel:
                        Returns "" and sets @error to 1 and @extended to 0
User CallTip:       _ChooseHotKey( [ $sDefaultKey = '' [, $iReturnType = 0 [, $sTitle = 'Choose HotKey' [, $iLeft = Default [, $iTop = Default [, $iStyle = Default [, $iExStyle = Default [, $hParent = 0 [, $bAutoDisable = True ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ) Show a dialog for a user to choose a HotKey for a HotKeySet function. (required: <_ChooseHotKey.au3>)
Author:             Rob Saunders (admin@therks.com)

#ce

Func _ChooseHotKey($sDefaultKey = '', $iReturnType = 0, $sTitle = 'Choose HotKey', $iLeft = Default, $iTop = Default, $iStyle = Default, $iExStyle = Default, $hParent = 0, $bAutoDisable = True)
    Do
        Local Const $iDEFBUTTONSTYLE    = 0x00000001 ; $BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON
        Local Const $iLABELSTYLE        = 0x00000200 ; $SS_CENTERIMAGE
        Local Const $iCOMBOSTYLE        = 0x00200003 ; BitOr($CBS_DROPDOWNLIST, $WS_VSCROLL)

Local $aGM, $vReturn = '', $iError = 0, $iExtended = 0

Local $sModKeys = '#^!+'
        Local $sListKeys = 'a|b|c|d|e|f|g|h|i|j|k|l|m|n|o|p|q|r|s|t|u|v|w|x|y|z|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|0|`|-|=|\|[|]|;|''|,|.|/|' & _
            '{space}|{enter}|{esc}|{bs}|{del}|{up}|{down}|{left}|{right}|{home}|{end}|{ins}|{pgup}|{pgdn}|' & _
            '{f1}|{f2}|{f3}|{f4}|{f5}|{f6}|{f7}|{f8}|{f9}|{f10}|{f11}|{f12}|{tab}|{printscreen}|{numlock}|{capslock}|{scrolllock}|{pause}|' & _
            '{numpad0}|{numpad1}|{numpad2}|{numpad3}|{numpad4}|{numpad5}|{numpad6}|{numpad7}|{numpad8}|{numpad9}|' & _
            '{numpadmult}|{numpadadd}|{numpadsub}|{numpaddiv}|{numpaddot}|{numpadenter}|{appskey}|{sleep}|' & _
            '!|{browser_back}|{browser_forward}|{browser_refresh}|{browser_stop}|{browser_search}|{browser_favorites}|{browser_home}|' & _
            '{volume_mute}|{volume_down}|{volume_up}|{media_next}|{media_prev}|{media_stop}|{media_play_pause}|' & _
            '{launch_media}|{launch_mail}|{launch_app1}|{launch_app2}'
        Local $sListNames = 'A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M|N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|0|`|-|=|\|[|]|;|''|,|.|/|' & _
            'Space|Enter|Escape|Backspace|Delete|Up|Down|Left|Right|Home|End|Insert|Page Up|Page Down|' & _
            'F1|F2|F3|F4|F5|F6|F7|F8|F9|F10|F11|F12|Tab|PrintScreen|NumLock|CapsLock|ScrollLock|Pause/Break|' & _
            'NumPad 0|NumPad 1|NumPad 2|NumPad 3|NumPad 4|NumPad 5|NumPad 6|NumPad 7|NumPad 8|NumPad 9|' & _
            'NumPad Multiply|NumPad Add|NumPad Subtract|NumPad Divide|NumPad Period|NumPad Enter|Windows Application key|Computer SLEEP key|' & _
            '[ Win2k/XP specific keys ]|Browser: Back|Browser: Forward|Browser: Refresh|Browser: Stop|Browser: Search|Browser: Favorites|Browser: Web/Home|' & _
            'Volume: Mute|Volume: Down|Volume: Up|Media: Next|Media: Previous|Media: Stop|Media: Play/pause|' & _
            'Launch: Media player|Launch: E-mail program|Launch: User App1|Launch: User App2'
        Local $aListKeys = StringSplit($sListKeys, '|')
        Local $aListNames = StringSplit($sListNames, '|')
        Local $aKeyInfo[6] = [ $sDefaultKey, 0, 0, 0, 0 ]

If $aListKeys[0] <> $aListNames[0] Then
            $iError = 99
            ExitLoop
        EndIf

Local $i_GUIOnEventMode = Opt('GUIOnEventMode', 0)
        Local $i_GUICoordMode = Opt('GUICoordMode', 1)

If $sDefaultKey <> '' Then
            For $i = 1 to 4
                $aKeyInfo[0] = StringReplace($aKeyInfo[0], StringMid($sModKeys, $i, 1), '')
                If @extended Then $aKeyInfo[$i] = 1
            Next
        EndIf

If $iStyle = Default OR $iStyle = -1 Then
            $iStyle = 0x80C80000 ; BitOr($WS_CAPTION, $WS_POPUP, $WS_SYSMENU)
        EndIf

If $iExStyle = Default OR $iExStyle = -1  Then
            $iExStyle = 0x00000080 ; $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW
        EndIf

If $bAutoDisable AND IsHWnd($hParent) Then
            WinSetState($hParent, '', @SW_DISABLE)
        EndIf

Local $gui_Hotkey = GUICreate($sTitle, 200, 103, $iLeft, $iTop, $iStyle, $iExStyle, $hParent)

GUICtrlCreateLabel('Modifier keys:', 5, 0, 190, 20, $iLABELSTYLE)
        Local $a_KeyControls[5]
        $a_KeyControls[1] = GuiCtrlCreateCheckbox('&Win', 5, 20, 40, 20)
        $a_KeyControls[2] = GuiCtrlCreateCheckbox('&Ctrl', 50, 20, 40, 20)
        $a_KeyControls[3] = GuiCtrlCreateCheckbox('&Alt', 95, 20, 30, 20)
        $a_KeyControls[4] = GuiCtrlCreateCheckbox('&Shift', 135, 20, 40, 20)

For $i = 1 to 4
            If $aKeyInfo[$i] Then
                GUICtrlSetState($a_KeyControls[$i], 1) ; $GUI_CHECKED
            EndIf
        Next

GUICtrlCreateLabel('&Key:', 5, 45, 25, 20, $iLABELSTYLE)
        $a_KeyControls[0] = GUICtrlCreateCombo('', 35, 45, 160, 200, $iCOMBOSTYLE)

GUICtrlSetData(-1, $sListNames, 'Space')
        If $aKeyInfo[0] <> '' Then
            For $i = 1 to $aListKeys[0]
                If $aListKeys[$i] = $aKeyInfo[0] Then
                    GUICtrlSetData(-1, $aListNames[$i])
                    ExitLoop
                EndIf
            Next
        EndIf

Local $bt_OK = GUICtrlCreateButton('OK', 55, 75, 65, 23, $iDEFBUTTONSTYLE)
        Local $bt_Cancel = GUICtrlCreateButton('Cancel', 130, 75, 65, 23)
        GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $gui_Hotkey)
        ControlFocus($gui_Hotkey, '', $a_KeyControls[0])

While 1
            $aGM = GUIGetMsg(1)
            If $aGM[1] = $gui_Hotkey Then
                Switch $aGM[0]
                    Case $bt_OK
                        $aKeyInfo[0] = GUICtrlRead($a_KeyControls[0])
                        For $i = 1 to 4
                            If GUICtrlRead($a_KeyControls[$i]) = 1 Then
                                $vReturn &= StringMid($sModKeys, $i, 1)
                                $aKeyInfo[$i] = 1
                            EndIf
                        Next
                        For $i = 1 to $aListNames[0]
                            If $aListNames[$i] = $aKeyInfo[0] Then
                                $vReturn &= $aListKeys[$i]
                                $aKeyInfo[0] = $aListKeys[$i]
                                ExitLoop
                            EndIf
                        Next

$iExtended = HotKeySet($vReturn, '_ChooseHotKey')
                        HotKeySet($vReturn)

If $iReturnType Then
                            $aKeyInfo[5] = $vReturn
                            $vReturn = $aKeyInfo
                        EndIf
                        $iError = 0
                        ExitLoop
                    Case $bt_Cancel, -3 ; $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE = -3
                        $iError = 1
                        ExitLoop
                EndSwitch
            EndIf
        WEND

GUIDelete($gui_Hotkey)
    Until True

Opt('GUIOnEventMode', $i_GUIOnEventMode)
    Opt('GUICoordMode', $i_GUICoordMode)
    If $bAutoDisable AND IsHWnd($hParent) Then
        WinSetState($hParent, '', @SW_ENABLE)
        WinActivate($hParent)
    EndIf

Return SetError($iError, $iExtended, $vReturn)
EndFunc ;==>_ChooseHotKey

and i get this:

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxxxxxx\My Documents\AutoIt\choose_hotkey.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta" /UserParams 
+> Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.7.3
>Running AU3Check (1.54.6.0)  params:  from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta
C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxxxxxx\My Documents\AutoIt\choose_hotkey.au3(153,55) : ERROR: _ChooseHotKey() called with wrong number of args.
                        $iExtended = HotKeySet($vReturn, '_ChooseHotKey')
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxxxxxx\My Documents\AutoIt\choose_hotkey.au3(44,194) : REF: definition of _ChooseHotKey().
Func _ChooseHotKey($sDefaultKey = '', $iReturnType = 0, $sTitle = 'Choose HotKey', $iLeft = Default, $iTop = Default, $iStyle = Default, $iExStyle = Default, $hParent = 0, $bAutoDisable = True)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxxxxxx\My Documents\AutoIt\choose_hotkey.au3 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
!>AU3Check ended.rc:2
>Exit code: 0   Time: 1.728
Edited by theguy0000

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

Oh I see. Hmm. I don't use au3check, so I didn't see that warning... er... error?

Hmm... I see, that's because when a hotkey is chosen, it uses hotkeyset just to get the availability of the hotkey. I figured on just using the _ChooseHotKey func in the hotkeyset because it's only set for a brief moment and would not actually be used, so wouldn't need to worry about the parameters not passing. I guess I will just make a dummy function to hotkeyset to.

Thanks for pointing this out. I will fix this right now and go to bed (so long as my battery doesn't die!).

*Edit: Forgot an important "not" in original post. K, going to sleep now (7am yeesh, stayed up too late).

Edited by Saunders

aha, I see, if I click "continue anyway" (and ignore the errors) it works just fine.

still might wanna fix that, though...

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

Actually, I just realized another bug in the code, also to do with hotkey availability check. I was unsetting the hotkey whether it got set or not, and so if the hotkey was unavailable because it was already set somewhere in that same script it would unset it. I'm going to update for that fix right now.

Actually, I just realized another bug in the code, also to do with hotkey availability check. I was unsetting the hotkey whether it got set or not, and so if the hotkey was unavailable because it was already set somewhere in that same script it would unset it. I'm going to update for that fix right now.

awesome nice script.. :whistle:

Don't bother, It's inside your monitor!------GUISetOnEvent should behave more like HotKeySet()

hey, i modified itfor user controls, see example.

[edit] better example..

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

$Form1 = GUICreate("Hotkey GUI example", 571, 328, 192, 125)
$Combo1 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 347, 49, 156, 21,BitOr($CBS_DROPDOWNLIST, $WS_VSCROLL))
GUICtrlCreateLabel("Open Notepad:", 48, 53, 77, 17)
$Checkbox1 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Win", 134, 49, 45, 20)
$Checkbox2 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Ctrl", 187, 48, 41, 21)
GUICtrlSetState(-1,1)
$Checkbox3 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Alt", 239, 48, 41, 21)
$Checkbox4 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Shift", 295, 51, 41, 21)
$Combo2 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 348, 77, 156, 21,BitOr($CBS_DROPDOWNLIST, $WS_VSCROLL))
GUICtrlCreateLabel("Open This:", 49, 81, 77, 17)
$Checkbox5 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Win", 135, 77, 45, 20)
$Checkbox6 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Ctrl", 188, 76, 41, 21)
$Checkbox7 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Alt", 240, 76, 41, 21)
$Checkbox8 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Shift", 296, 79, 41, 21)
$Combo3 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 347, 117, 156, 21,BitOr($CBS_DROPDOWNLIST, $WS_VSCROLL))
GUICtrlCreateLabel("Open wgfgh:", 48, 121, 77, 17)
$Checkbox9 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Win", 134, 117, 45, 20)
$Checkbox10 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Ctrl", 187, 116, 41, 21)
$Checkbox11 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Alt", 239, 116, 41, 21)
$Checkbox12 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Shift", 295, 119, 41, 21)
$Combo4 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 343, 152, 156, 21,BitOr($CBS_DROPDOWNLIST, $WS_VSCROLL))
GUICtrlCreateLabel("Open That:", 44, 156, 77, 17)
$Checkbox13 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Win", 130, 152, 45, 20)
$Checkbox14 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Ctrl", 183, 151, 41, 21)
$Checkbox15 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Alt", 235, 151, 41, 21)
$Checkbox16 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Shift", 291, 154, 41, 21)
$Combo5 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 342, 186, 156, 21,BitOr($CBS_DROPDOWNLIST, $WS_VSCROLL))
GUICtrlCreateLabel("Open Those:", 43, 190, 77, 17)
$Checkbox17 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Win", 129, 186, 45, 20)
$Checkbox18 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Ctrl", 182, 185, 41, 21)
$Checkbox19 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Alt", 234, 185, 41, 21)
$Checkbox20 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Shift", 290, 188, 41, 21)
$Combo6 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 341, 223, 156, 21,BitOr($CBS_DROPDOWNLIST, $WS_VSCROLL))
GUICtrlCreateLabel("Open Close:", 42, 227, 77, 17)
$Checkbox21 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Win", 128, 223, 45, 20)
$Checkbox22 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Ctrl", 181, 222, 41, 21)
$Checkbox23 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Alt", 233, 222, 41, 21)
$Checkbox24 = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Shift", 289, 225, 41, 21)
$Group1 = GUICtrlCreateGroup("Hotkeys", 29, 14, 501, 267)
GUICtrlCreateGroup("", -99, -99, 1, 1)
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Save", 172, 291, 106, 27)
$Button2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Cancel", 297, 290, 106, 27)

For $x = 1 to 6
    GUICtrlSetData(Eval('Combo'&$x),_HotKeyLoadkeys(), Chr(64 + $x))
Next

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
While 1
    $msg = GuiGetMsg()
    Switch $msg
    Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE,$Button2
        ExitLoop

Case $Button1 
;~      For $x = 1 to 6
;~          MsgBox (0, "You chose...",  _HotKeyLoadkeys(1, Eval('Combo'&$x)) )
;~      Next

MsgBox (0, "You chose...",  _HotKeyLoadkeys(1, $Combo1, $Checkbox1,$Checkbox2,$Checkbox3,$Checkbox4) )
        MsgBox (0, "You chose...",  _HotKeyLoadkeys(1, $Combo2, $Checkbox5,$Checkbox6,$Checkbox7,$Checkbox8) )
        MsgBox (0, "You chose...",  _HotKeyLoadkeys(1, $Combo3, $Checkbox10,$Checkbox6,$Checkbox11,$Checkbox12) )
        MsgBox (0, "You chose...",  _HotKeyLoadkeys(1, $Combo4, $Checkbox13,$Checkbox14,$Checkbox15,$Checkbox16) )
        MsgBox (0, "You chose...",  _HotKeyLoadkeys(1, $Combo5, $Checkbox17,$Checkbox18,$Checkbox19,$Checkbox20) )
        MsgBox (0, "You chose...",  _HotKeyLoadkeys(1, $Combo6, $Checkbox21,$Checkbox22,$Checkbox23,$Checkbox23) )

Case Else
        ;;;;;;;
    EndSwitch
WEnd
Exit

Func _HotKeyLoadkeys($sSetKeys = 0, $sDefaultKey = '', $sWin = -1, $sCtrl = -1, $sAlt = -1, $sShift = -1)
    Local $vReturn
    Local $sModKeys = '#^!+'
    Local $sListKeys = 'a|b|c|d|e|f|g|h|i|j|k|l|m|n|o|p|q|r|s|t|u|v|w|x|y|z|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|0|`|-|=|\|[|]|;|''|,|.|/|' & _
            '{space}|{enter}|{esc}|{bs}|{del}|{up}|{down}|{left}|{right}|{home}|{end}|{ins}|{pgup}|{pgdn}|' & _
            '{f1}|{f2}|{f3}|{f4}|{f5}|{f6}|{f7}|{f8}|{f9}|{f10}|{f11}|{f12}|{tab}|{printscreen}|{numlock}|{capslock}|{scrolllock}|{pause}|' & _
            '{numpad0}|{numpad1}|{numpad2}|{numpad3}|{numpad4}|{numpad5}|{numpad6}|{numpad7}|{numpad8}|{numpad9}|' & _
            '{numpadmult}|{numpadadd}|{numpadsub}|{numpaddiv}|{numpaddot}|{numpadenter}|{appskey}|{sleep}|' & _
            '!|{browser_back}|{browser_forward}|{browser_refresh}|{browser_stop}|{browser_search}|{browser_favorites}|{browser_home}|' & _
            '{volume_mute}|{volume_down}|{volume_up}|{media_next}|{media_prev}|{media_stop}|{media_play_pause}|' & _
            '{launch_media}|{launch_mail}|{launch_app1}|{launch_app2}'
    Local $sListNames = 'A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M|N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|0|`|-|=|\|[|]|;|''|,|.|/|' & _
            'Space|Enter|Escape|Backspace|Delete|Up|Down|Left|Right|Home|End|Insert|Page Up|Page Down|' & _
            'F1|F2|F3|F4|F5|F6|F7|F8|F9|F10|F11|F12|Tab|PrintScreen|NumLock|CapsLock|ScrollLock|Pause/Break|' & _
            'NumPad 0|NumPad 1|NumPad 2|NumPad 3|NumPad 4|NumPad 5|NumPad 6|NumPad 7|NumPad 8|NumPad 9|' & _
            'NumPad Multiply|NumPad Add|NumPad Subtract|NumPad Divide|NumPad Period|NumPad Enter|Windows Application key|Computer SLEEP key|' & _
            '[ Win2k/XP specific keys ]|Browser: Back|Browser: Forward|Browser: Refresh|Browser: Stop|Browser: Search|Browser: Favorites|Browser: Web/Home|' & _
            'Volume: Mute|Volume: Down|Volume: Up|Media: Next|Media: Previous|Media: Stop|Media: Play/pause|' & _
            'Launch: Media player|Launch: E-mail program|Launch: User App1|Launch: User App2'
        If $sSetKeys = 0 Then
            $vReturn = $sListNames
        Else
            Local $aKeyInfo[5]
            $aKeyInfo[0] = GUICtrlRead($sDefaultKey)
            Local $a_KeyControls[6] = [5, $sWin, $sCtrl, $sAlt, $sShift]
            Local $aListKeys = StringSplit($sListKeys, '|')
            Local $aListNames = StringSplit($sListNames, '|')
            For $i = 1 to 4
                If GUICtrlRead($a_KeyControls[$i]) = 1 Then
                    $vReturn &= StringMid($sModKeys, $i, 1)
                    $aKeyInfo[$i] = 1
                EndIf
            Next
            For $i = 1 to $aListNames[0]
                If $aListNames[$i] = $aKeyInfo[0] Then
                    $vReturn &= $aListKeys[$i]
                    $aKeyInfo[0] = $aListKeys[$i]
                    ExitLoop
                EndIf
            Next
        EndIf
    Return $vReturn
EndFunc
Edited by mrRevoked
Don't bother, It's inside your monitor!------GUISetOnEvent should behave more like HotKeySet()

• 2 weeks later...

Great program!

I was just knocking my head around making a dialog to choose a hotkey because i used a input box... and i can't really catch the keys the user press... when i decided to search the forum i found this great program, thanks man.

Also, can i use this code to realese a public program? (it's going to be open source)

• Moderators

Nice work Saunders, I do something similar in my apps that I let the end-user choose what hotkey(s) they are going to use for their convenience, it also helps when another window has already set the same hotkey, the end-user can assign a different one.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Great program!

Also, can i use this code to realese a public program? (it's going to be open source)

Thanks, and go for it, enjoy!

Nice work Saunders, I do something similar in my apps that I let the end-user choose what hotkey(s) they are going to use for their convenience, it also helps when another window has already set the same hotkey, the end-user can assign a different one.

Yeah, that's why I added in the return in @extended. I haven't run into the problem too much myself yet, but I'm sure I will eventually.

On another note, I've been working on this a bit and changed up the include a bit. I've just called it _HotKey.au3 and included a couple extra functions, plus optimized the key lookup (no more arrays). I'll update the first post with the new include.

Thank you for a great function Saunders.

But could you give an example of the @extended return of 0 when a hotkey is already used?

I've already set a hotkey prior to calling _ChooseHotKey, I try setting the same hotkey that's already set.

I try using @ extended and it returns 1.

So I put it down I'm not using the @extended correctly.

Cheers

Edited by smashly

Thank you for a great function Saunders.

But could you give an example of the @extended return of 0 when a hotkey is already used?

I've already set a hotkey prior to calling _ChooseHotKey, I try setting the same hotkey that's already set.

I try using @ extended and it returns 1.

So I put it down I'm not using the @extended correctly.

Cheers

I use it something like this...

#include <_HotKey.au3>

Do
    _ChooseHotKey('#r')
    If Not @error Then
        If Not @extended Then
            MsgBox(16,'Error','That hotkey is in use by another application, please choose another')
        Else
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
    Else
        ExitLoop
    EndIf
Until False

@raca: Thanks for figuring that out. I can't believe I missed it. Updated first post with that bug fix.

Thank You for the example and answer to my question Saunders, it's appreciated.

Your function seems to be nice and short for what it does and I hope to use it in some of my future projects / hobbies :whistle:

Cheers

Edited by smashly