IE Checkboxes in a table

I have a problem that could potentially safe me tons of work, but i just can not figure out a way how to make it happen. Basically I have a table in an ie window that looks something like this: (can be a very long list...)

row 1
<td align=right class=detail><input type=checkbox name=chkbox value=161290=></td>
<td align=left class=detail><nobr>pending</nobr></td>
<td align=left class=detail>itemnumber1</td>
row 2
<td align=right class=detail><input type=checkbox name=chkbox value=161291=></td>
<td align=left class=detail>itemnumber2</td>
row 3
<td align=right class=detail><input type=checkbox name=chkbox DISABLED value=></td>
<td align=left class=detail>itemnumber3</td>
row 4
<td align=right class=detail><input type=checkbox name=chkbox DISABLED value=></td>
<td align=left class=detail>itemnumber4</td>
row 5
<td align=left class=detail>itemnumber5</td>

Now what i want my script to do is check the box, if its name is something like "chkbox value=somerandomnumberasinexample", if the checkboxs name is "chkbox DISABLED value=" then it should just leave it as it is. The table is not contained in a form, it is generated by a javascrit which then will check what boxes have been ticked...

Here is what i have come up with, but i already fail at getting the object:

Global $Paused, $go
#include <Misc.au3>
#include <GuiConstants.au3>
#include <ie.au3>
HotKeySet("{PAUSE}", "TogglePause")
HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate")
HotKeySet("{HOME}", "getname")

$dll = DllOpen("user32.dll")

$processed = 0
;; relaxationtime

While 1
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

Func getname()
    $oIE = _IEAttach ("System_Login_Mapper", "Title")
    If @error Then
        MsgBox(48, "Error", "There was a problem attaching to the browser.")
        Exit
    EndIf

$oCheckboxes = _IEGetObjByName ($oIE, "chkbox value=")
    If @error Then
        MsgBox(48, "Error", "problem with checkbox")
        Exit
    EndIf
EndFunc

Func TogglePause()
    $Paused = NOT $Paused
    While $Paused
        sleep(100)
        ToolTip('Script is "Paused"',0,0)
    WEnd
    ToolTip('Script is "Running"',0,0)
EndFunc

Func Terminate()
    MsgBox(0, "stopped early, only did the below specidied amount of repairs", $processed)
    Exit 0
EndFunc

Thanks a ton in advance,

Adrian

$oCheckboxes = _IEGetObjByName ($oIE, "chkbox value=")oÝ÷ Ù8ZµÚ²{lyé«mNjg°¢é]míýr£ýnëlw¶«yªÞ©ò¢6ÞrÛ0ØmëéÚ쨺ÈhºWZqǬ²Ø^o+az'NDz¢èZ½ëaz¸ ×(uè^­ì¨¹Æ§iDzËax3¡ûajÚç-)jëh×6
$oCheckboxes.value
$oCheckboxes.name
$oCheckboxes.checked

Hope that helps

Firefox's secret is the same as Jessica Simpson's: its effortless, glamorous style is the result of — shhh — extensions!

Thanks for the quick response, i cant check by its id as it varies all the time. The macro would really have to look for the checkbox that has "name=chkbox value=x" and tick it somehow. I just cant figure out how to do that, would be so much easier if it were a form (so far i havent had problems with those checkboxes at least...)

Any idea how to solve this?

• Moderators

I'm ashamed as usual after reading these IE posts, of not being up to date on Dales IE.au3. After reading through the UDF source quickly, have you tried:

_IEFormElementGetObjByName

_IEFormElementCheckboxSelect Or _IEFormElementOptionselect

Edit:

You may need to parse the source first, to find the info you want to get the object name of.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

SmOke_N : The webpage he is working with has no form so those functions wont work :-(

The only idea I have is check several values to see if you have the correct checkbox like

if $oCheckboxes.ID = 6 AND $oCheckboxes.name = "chbox" then
;...........
endif

Other than that I got nothing :-(

Post a full page and I will have a better idea what you working with....

Edited by Hasher

Firefox's secret is the same as Jessica Simpson's: its effortless, glamorous style is the result of — shhh — extensions!

If you pass -1 to _IEGetObjByName it will return a collection of all objects with that name... you can then iterate through them with For In Next

This should get you going.

Dale

#include <IE.au3>

MakeBrowser()
$oCBs = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "chkbox", -1)
For $oCB In $oCBs
    If Not $oCB.disabled Then $oCB.checked = True
Next

;--------------------------------------------------------
Func MakeBrowser()
    $sHTML = ""
    $sHTML &= "<h1>Checkbox with no Form</h1>"
    $sHTML &= "<table>"
    $sHTML &= "<td align=right class=detail><input type=checkbox name=chkbox value=161290=></td>"
    $sHTML &= "<td align=left class=detail><nobr>pending</nobr></td>"
    $sHTML &= "<td align=left class=detail>itemnumber1</td>"
    $sHTML &= "</tr>"
    $sHTML &= "<td align=right class=detail><input type=checkbox name=chkbox value=161291=></td>"
    $sHTML &= "<td align=left class=detail>itemnumber2</td>"
    $sHTML &= "</tr>"
    $sHTML &= "<td align=right class=detail><input type=checkbox name=chkbox DISABLED value=></td>"
    $sHTML &= "<td align=left class=detail>itemnumber3</td>"
    $sHTML &= "</tr>"
    $sHTML &= "<td align=right class=detail><input type=checkbox name=chkbox DISABLED value=></td>"
    $sHTML &= "<td align=left class=detail>itemnumber4</td>"
    $sHTML &= "</tr>"
    $sHTML &= "<td align=left class=detail>itemnumber5</td>"
    $sHTML &= "</tr>"
    $sHTML &= "</table>"

Global $oIE = _IECreate()
    _IEBodyWriteHTML($oIE, $sHTML)
EndFunc   ;==>MakeBrowser

Edit: typos

Edited by DaleHohm

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

man thanks so much, just made a donation to autoit =D

Cool. You're welcome.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble