Q: Can I imbed a font into an exe?

Eru

I made a program with a pretty text heavy GUI, and I picked a font for it that was nice and compact, but still nice to look at. Problem is, when I run the program on another computer, it uses some other font instead. I figure the reason is that the font I picked is something that I installed with MS Office so other computers don't have that font available. :P

Is there a way I can save the font along with the .exe file so that it will display right? It seems like a faster and easier fix than finding a new font and re-doing all the buttons/labels, etc on the interface. :whistle:

Thanks!

In web development, there have been many talks about a feature which allows a person to embed a font into the webpage, however, the primary arguement which has kept this from happening is that you may be are violating copyright law by distributing it free for free. Be careful. If you got it with MSOffice that may mean that you are violating copyright law by distributing it free with your program due to the fact that you actually had to buy it...

As for the actual implementation of HOW to do it...listen to SmOke_N, he's a smart chap.

"Everything is vague to a degree you do not realize till you have tried to make it precise." - Bertrand Russell [The Philosophy of Logical Atomism]