Tidy Problems With Huge Files

this-is-me

I have a small problem with tidy that I wanted to share with the maker of tidy. I have a script I put together that is 2654 lines long. I have been tidying the script off and on as I have been making it, and had no problems for quite a long time. The problem started when the script started to be longer than about 2300 lines long. Everytime the tidy was run, it would stop with an error about the fact that $CASELEVEL[$C_TAB_LEVEL] was outside the dimensions of the array. After looking at the code, I changed Dim $CASELEVEL[50] to Dim $CASELEVEL[99] and it is working now. I just wanted to let the author know in case anyone else had the same problem. You might try redimming the array with the newest version of autoit.

Edited by this-is-me
Who else would I be?

• Developers

I have a small problem with tidy that I wanted to share with the maker of tidy. I have a script I put together that is 2654 lines long. I have been tidying the script off and on as I have been making it, and had no problems for quite a long time. The problem started when the script started to be longer than about 2300 lines long. Everytime the tidy was run, it would stop with an error about the fact that $CASELEVEL[$C_TAB_LEVEL] was outside the dimensions of the array. After looking at the code, I changed Dim $CASELEVEL[50] to Dim $CASELEVEL[99] and it is working now. I just wanted to let the author know in case anyone else had the same problem. You might try redimming the array with the newest version of autoit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you sure you have more then 50 "Select" commands deep ?

Select
   Case
      Select
          case
etc..

If not:

- what version of tidy are you running ?

- could you send me the script to see if i have a bug in it somewere ?

:ph34r:

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Sorry, I was using 1.0.14, and since I switched to 1.0.18, it works fine now. It might still be a good idea to redim if the size goes over the originally dimmed size. BTW, where can I get the latest versions from?

Edited by this-is-me
Who else would I be?

• Developers

Sorry, I was using 1.0.14, and since I switched to 1.0.18, it works fine now. It might still be a good idea to redim if the size goes over the originally dimmed size.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yea... will look at that... but i knew there was a bug in an older version that was fixed and thought the a 50 level deep Select within Select would be pretty save .. ( redim wasn't arround then yet)

Saw you other post about Scite... Aren't you using the latest Scite4Autoit3 build , because that includes the Tidy updates as well ??

:ph34r:

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

I try to... Is that the only place to get the latest tidy? Do you have a website to download from?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is also available seperate on the Yahoo group files and here at this website: http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/install_tidy.exe

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.