how to hide script from task manager?

lol thats funny. It is also something we aren't going to tell you. I don't even think some of the people here would even have a solution for that unless they tricked the task manger. I though do know of away you could do it lets just say it involes one script that contains another script and renaming. :whistle:

Paulie, because I'm recreating the windows taskbar and I don't want my script's name included...however, I never asked myslef that question! and therefore, I made a work-around in my script. I was dumping winlist to an ini file and now I'm skipping the inclusion of my script's name. Sorry for the post but thanks for the reply's.

doh!

Edited by monte

The only legit reason to do that is if its a harmless prank, but even then, it's not cool. Test...could you maybe act like an adult and not give out information about something that can, and almost always is, used in a malicious manner? It's bad enough that almost every program made with AutoIT is picked up by antivirus software..at least my BitDefender does...

Pink Floyd - The Wall

kjmarket, I appreciate that you are policing the forum and trying to keep it script kiddie safe, this is something that all forum users everywhere should undertake. However, I am an it professional, have been programming in over 5 languages and 9 scripting languages for the past 23 years (not including autoit) and have very strict morals. I hold the upmost respect for hackers and upmost disrespect for crackers, script kiddies and others of the like. If someone is trying to write vefarious code, an autoit forum probably won't stop them from learning how AND fyi: just removing a program's name from the windows task manager isn't a malicious act. So please, don't degrade me by stating that I'm acting in a childish manner...I don't even degrade my children that way.

and for the record, this can be done with one simple statement in autoit. I did it over a year ago with v2, though I have misplaced that script and thought a simple post would provide the answer.

hasher: the "skin selector"

on the bottom left screen of autoit forum, you can select "autoit-dark (in progress)." I've been using autoit for over two years now and I've never seen this option before. it's cool.

• Moderators

kjmarket, I appreciate that you are policing the forum and trying to keep it script kiddie safe, this is something that all forum users everywhere should undertake. However, I am an it professional, have been programming in over 5 languages and 9 scripting languages for the past 23 years (not including autoit) and have very strict morals. I hold the upmost respect for hackers and upmost disrespect for crackers, script kiddies and others of the like. If someone is trying to write vefarious code, an autoit forum probably won't stop them from learning how AND fyi: just removing a program's name from the windows task manager isn't a malicious act. So please, don't degrade me by stating that I'm acting in a childish manner...I don't even degrade my children that way.

and for the record, this can be done with one simple statement in autoit. I did it over a year ago with v2, though I have misplaced that script and thought a simple post would provide the answer.

@monte ... If you read a bit closer, kjmarket wasn't degrading you in any way, he referred to testingtest << user in that post not you.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• 2 months later...

if you want you can hide task manager... is better :)

While 1

$msg = GUIGetMsg()

If WinActivate("Windows Task Manager") Then WinClose("Windows Task Manager")

WEnd

put this code to close task manager every time your program is running

if you want you can hide task manager... is better :)

While 1

$msg = GUIGetMsg()

If WinActivate("Windows Task Manager") Then WinClose("Windows Task Manager")

WEnd

put this code to close task manager every time your program is running

Just...

LOOOOOLLLOOOOOOL

Or not even turn on the computer :D

Cheers

Old Scriptology

Visual Ping 1.8 - Mass Ping Program with export to txt delimited.

Desktop 2 RGB and YMCK - Pick a color in the desktop and get the RGB and YMCK code.

Desktop 2 RGB - Pick a color in the desktop and get the RGB code.

ShootIT 1.0 - Screen Capture full and partial screen

[font="'Arial Black';"]Remember Remember The Fifth of November.[/font]