Point Plotter

K so I want to make a program that will allow me to click on certain points and it places a little marker picture where I clicked. Then when I hit m it removes the markers from view but then when I hit m again it brings them back. Finally to remove a marker from memory you right click it.

Im not sure exactly where to start or if autoit can even achieve this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think I could figure alot of it out myself If I knew how to display a picture in a select location. If anyone could post an example of that, it would be awesome!

Create a 10x10 bitmap with MS Paint, grab Auto3Lib from my signature and run this:

#include <A3LLibrary.au3>
#include <GUIConstants.au3>

$hGUI = GUICreate("Marker Demo", 400, 300)
GUISetState()

while 1
  Switch GUIGetMsg()
    case $GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYDOWN
      $tPoint = _Lib_GetMousePos(True, $hGUI)
      GUICtrlCreatePic(@ScriptDir & "\Marker.bmp", _tagGetData($tPoint, "X"), _tagGetData($tPoint, "Y"), 10, 10)
    case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
      ExitLoop
  EndSwitch
wend
Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt

I've never done any #includes in my script before. I pasted all the stuff from the include folder I dled into the include folder in program files. After doing this it gives me an error whenever I try to run your script.

"Line 290 (File "C:\Program Files\Autoit3\Include\A3lWinAPI.au3"):

case 0

Error: "Case" statement with no matching "Select" statement."

Did I paste it in the wrong place? Or install it wrong?

I've never done any #includes in my script before. I pasted all the stuff from the include folder I dled into the include folder in program files. After doing this it gives me an error whenever I try to run your script.

"Line 290 (File "C:\Program Files\Autoit3\Include\A3lWinAPI.au3"):

case 0

Error: "Case" statement with no matching "Select" statement."

Did I paste it in the wrong place? Or install it wrong?

Create a 10x10 bitmap with MS Paint, grab Auto3Lib from my signature and run this:

Edited by PaulIA

I DID grab the auto3lib from your signature. And this is the error im recieving now.

Notice Line 290 (File "C:\Program Files\Autoit3\Include\A3lWinAPI.au3") is a autoit script inside the library....

Do you have the latest release of AutoIt, because the error you're reporting doesn't make sense. That line is in the middle of a Switch statement, not a Select statement. Edited by PaulIA

I installed the current version and now it works correctly but how would I make it so that the whole thing is an overlay of another window.. I guess I could start by trying to make the grey part transparent. But how.

Edited by rejectpenguin

I installed the current version and now it works correctly but how would I make it so that the whole thing is an overlay of another window.. I guess I could start by trying to make the grey part transparent. But how.

There are a lot of different ways to do this, so you'll have to experiment. You can create a background by having a GUICtrlCreatePic that covers your whole window and then use the code that I wrote to place the markers on top of this picture. You could get fancy and paint the background picture by trapping the GUI paint notification messages.