Trying to decide: AutoIt or AutoHotKey

I am trying to decide which program to use. Two features are pushing me towards AutoHotKey, the ClipWait command (that puts the script in a pause mode until text is copied to the clipboard) and the WinSet ability to make a window transparent. Actually, it is mainly the former feature which has me leaning towards AHK.

Does anyone know if AutoIt plans on implement a ClipWait like command, I think using a loop structure would be less efficient - maybe I'm wrong.

Comments on other differences between the two programs would be appreciated.

Thx.

• Developers

I am trying to decide which program to use. Two features are pushing me towards AutoHotKey, the ClipWait command (that puts the script in a pause mode until text is copied to the clipboard) and the WinSet ability to make a window transparent. Actually, it is mainly the former feature which has me leaning towards AHK.

Does anyone know if AutoIt plans on implement a ClipWait like command, I think using a loop structure would be less efficient - maybe I'm wrong.

Comments on other differences between the two programs would be appreciated.

Thx.

No idea what ClipWait() does exactly but can imaging that it can be done with AutoIt3's functions.

AutoiT2, the forum you posted in, is not developed on anymore.

... and there is enough about the comparison of the products in the forums... no need for a new discussion there ...

*click*

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)