VNC in GUI

Hm... maybe for some of as, ho do not know what is “vnc”, you explain please what it is? :whistle:

Spoiler

Using OS: Win 7 Professional, Using AutoIt Ver(s): 3.3.6.1 / 3.3.8.1

AutoIt_Rus_Community.png AutoIt Russian Community

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngExamples: 
ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

==================================================
My_Userbar.gif
==================================================

AutoIt is simple, subtle, elegant. © AutoIt Team

I do not know of any VNC components that could be embedded into a autoit3 gui ( activex ) but as VNC activates its own window display wich is rezizeable it can be moved / Resized and follow a autoit3 gui with autoit3 special title catch function - but this is a kind of walk around...

Note: I would not use VNC but VNC light that is a clone and works a little less cpu hungry...

kjactive :whistle:

/edit: forget my post. Read the next one! :D

I wondered what was possible so I searched the web for a bit... If you really want to put some work into it you might want to check out the TightVNC-4-Windows source code, which can teach you the RFB protocol implementation (Remote Frame Buffer):

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/vnc-tig...rc.zip?download , especially in the ClientConnection.cpp file I guess. But it consists of a lot of .h- and .cpp-files. It is obviously NOT written in or for AutoIT, so if you want to use it you will have to speak some C :whistle: (But on the other hand, why learn it when the wheel has already been invented lots of times?)

But learning to speak this protocol will cost you a LOT of time :P Catching the windows title might be walking around but it seems to be a shortcut compared to learning how to implement RFB...

Cheers.

Edited by SadBunny

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

ok, e. g. in tightVNC there's a built-in-http server with a java applet which is a vnc viewer.

but it doesn't seem to work. my browsers (firefox 2 & ie7) always return "server not found".

and on the realvnc HP (the creator of this applet) i found some mails in the mailing archive that there are errors, but i dunno how to solve them...

i found the source files of this java viewer here: maybe it can be included in a gui: http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading...e_mirror=belnet

/signed

greetz, RìggníXBiTrAtE.tk

• 2 weeks later...

I am just curious, why do you want to run the tightVNC viewer in an AutoIt GUI? Is there any particular reason for this? Do you wish to automatically login by using AutoIt? If so, I have written a simple script that does this.

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire

• 7 years later...

I am just curious, why do you want to run the tightVNC viewer in an AutoIt GUI? Is there any particular reason for this? Do you wish to automatically login by using AutoIt? If so, I have written a simple script that does this.

I would like more information on this. Basically, I am trying to login to a roomful of computers all at once. I need them locally logged in, so the users can just sit down and go.

So far, I am setting up VNC server on each machine, then using AutoIT to run a VNC viewer to login to each one. Is there an easier / quicker way?

I would like more information on this. Basically, I am trying to login to a roomful of computers all at once. I need them locally logged in, so the users can just sit down and go.

So far, I am setting up VNC server on each machine, then using AutoIT to run a VNC viewer to login to each one. Is there an easier / quicker way?

You know this thread is 7 years old?

Do try not to necropost. It is poor form old boy! Start a new thread.

Well, after a bit of hunting, google led me here. If I can get an answer here, others searching for the same thing will be able to find it as well. A new topic may not be indexed for a while. I checked and saw that the user I am hoping will respond was still active this year (though it was several months ago), so I decided it was worth a shot.

Anyways, sorry for the breach in etiquette. >New thread is here is case any seekers stumble across this.