Quick Function Help

2 Question, I've searched the help file and I couldnt find it so I'm going ask here.

1. Whats the function for launching your browser and going to a site when you click a button that links it

Example - GUI button that says My Web Page, when clicked opens up the browser and goes to the site

2. Whats the function for communicating with the server. I'm making a protection that checks the server for a code and see if it matches the users code.

Example - User enters the start code which is 111, checks with the file on web and see if 111 is listed in the file.

2 Question, I've searched the help file and I couldnt find it so I'm going ask here.

1. Whats the function for launching your browser and going to a site when you click a button that links it

Example - GUI button that says My Web Page, when clicked opens up the browser and goes to the site

2. Whats the function for communicating with the server. I'm making a protection that checks the server for a code and see if it matches the users code.

Example - User enters the start code which is 111, checks with the file on web and see if 111 is listed in the file.

1 = _IECreate , _IENavigate....... ( <IE.au3> )

2 = Depends on the kind of interaction you want. Probably no single command to do what you want, at least not in your example. Maybe you mean for your example to download the file with codes using INetGet() and then reading through the file to see if the code is there?

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

1 = _IECreate , _IENavigate....... ( <IE.au3> )

2 = Depends on the kind of interaction you want. Probably no single command to do what you want, at least not in your example. Maybe you mean for your example to download the file with codes using INetGet() and then reading through the file to see if the code is there?

Well for second one Not exactly what i mean but I guess i can make it work like that. But let say you dl a txt file using that way, can autoit only read certain lines / column?

Well for second one Not exactly what i mean but I guess i can make it work like that. But let say you dl a txt file using that way, can autoit only read certain lines / column?

Yes, see help, under function reference, File thingies: FileReadLine ( filehandle or "filename" [, line] ).

Reading columns would, to my knowledge, require reading all of every relevant line numbers, at least to the character that you are looking for. However, there are some nice fast useful functions such as _FileReadToArray and FileReadLine; I find it esy to just go with those and not reinvent the wheel.

Btw about the server: if you want a direct TCP or UDP connection to a server using a specific protocol (like ftp, telnet, ssh, pop3, smtp, or something more specific) then you can use the TCP functions (or UDP functions :whistle:). See Network thingies in the help file.

Also, if it's some sort of clickable GUI key entering system or something, you might want to use Send() to work through the default clicks for you.

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

• 2 years later...

- i use iexplore.exe "http://www.google.com"

or iexplore www.google.com

it opens internet explore with the site google.com