Notepad Console Include Script

Guest Guidosoft

Guest Guidosoft

I don't think anyone posted this before but I made an include script that let's you easily ask a question in the notepad and allows the user to type the answer and press enter and then you recieve the answer. It's sort of like the basic's Input command for dos. Does anybody want it. I send it to you by email. Just contact me at parkofnoah@yahoo.com

• Developers

I don't think anyone posted this before but I made an include script that let's you easily ask a question in the notepad and allows the user to type the answer and press enter and then you recieve the answer. It's sort of like the basic's Input command for dos. Does anybody want it. I send it to you by email. Just contact me at parkofnoah@yahoo.com

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why not post it the to PUBLIC space available... http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3061

:ph34r:

ps.. maybe better not to post your email address in that format to avoid spam...

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds good... Kind of like AutoIt's InputBox command, but with an added search filter? (Or the SET /P command in the later versions of DOS) :">

Guest Guidosoft

OH yea. I did not know as much as I know now about autoit so I made it so it requires three directions to recieve input from the notepad. Here is the example. I know I should of made it so you could do it easier. I will in the next version.

#Include "NotepadConsole1.AU3"

Global $Question

Global $Answer

Global $Answered

Global $ConsoleTitle

$ConsoleTitle = "My Notepad Console"

Call("LoadConsole")

$Question = "What is your name? "

Call("Ask")

$Name = $Answer

Send("Your name is "&$Name)

The question will be prinited in the notepad. You actualy type the answer in the notepad after the question and press enter. And it returns the answer. Just like dos. I figured since AutoIt can do what it can do, why not make it so you can have full console applications made with it including the input feature..

I am gona make another version with more console like stuff and it will be much easier to use. In the next version all that is needed will be one line for everything like $Answer = Input("Question") and LoadConsole("My Console"). I will do that soon.

Now you can replicate dos programs in the notepad.

It's at www.http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/user/public/Guidosoft/notepadconsole1.AU3. If this is wrong then just goto the public area and look for it in my folder.

Please comment on what I can add and how I can improve this.

Guest Guidosoft

Well, I made NotepadConsole2.au3 but it still sucks with bugs like the user backspacing the question and crap. It is now easier to use though.

I am working on another version(NotepadConsole3.au3) witch will be much better. It will fix alot of things like.

1) The user backspacing the question. (This cause problems, as a matter of fact if the question isn't there then the script won't be able to tell where the answer is.) Did that part. Didn't release it yet though.

2) The user writting while the thing is writting.

3) QUICK PLACMENT OF TEXT AND QUESTIONS DUDE. No way am I gona leave that old send command to type on letter at a time. Just use the console commands to quickly place the text via clipboard(Quite simple actualy. 2 lines of code.)

4) No more of the user clicking off the notepad and having accidents like typing in their important work.

5) I'll think of more stuff.

if you please, dont open some many topics for the same thing, i hate the :lol: rubbish-nonsense topics which are different to the info topics..., which care for getting a better level here,

if you are younger of 12 years old you may not understand what i mean, then sorry(i dont know your age) .

im trying to be constructive :( with this reply :D ,

i supousse my reply :ph34r: itself is also a rubbish-nonsense topic -- but guido may read :lol: and other alike

Anyway i find nice that of changing the gui, something dry..............

Edited by BasicOs
Autoit.es - Foro Autoit en Español Word visitors Image Clustrmap image: - Football Spanish team - Spanish team: Casillas, Iniesta, Villa, Xavi, Puyol, Campdevilla, etc..Programando en Autoit+Html - Coding Autoit-Html - Arranca programas desde Internet - Preprocesador de Autoit a http

Thanks for the script. I want to try to start working with it. Can you povide me with some example code for how to Ask Questions and Print Answers?

Thanks again,

Ian

This is what I was trying, but I guess it's not right:

; Note-Term.au3
; August 17, 2004

#Include NotepadConsole2.au3

Global $Question
Global $Answer
Global $Answered
Global $ConsoleTitle

Run("Notepad.exe")
LoadConsole("Untitled - Notepad")
ActivateConsole()
$Answer = Input("What is your name? ")
Send("Your name is " & $Answer)
Edited by ioliver

"Blessed be the name of the Lord" - Job 1:21Check out Search IMF

Guest Guidosoft

Thanks for the script.  I want to try to start working with it.  Can you povide me with some example code for how to Ask Questions and Print Answers?

Thanks again,

Ian

This is what I was trying, but I guess it's not right:

; Note-Term.au3
; August 17, 2004

Global $Question
Global $Answer
Global $Answered
Global $ConsoleTitle

Run("Notepad.exe")
LoadConsole("Untitled - Notepad")
ActivateConsole()

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NotepadConsole2.AU3 no longer requires globals. The loadconsole function opens the notepad itself. You need only provide a title not a window title of an opened notepad. The notepad already activates when you run it so you don't need that when you load the console. Here is the correct code:

#Include "NotepadConsole2.AU3"
LoadConsole("My Console")
$Name = Input("What is your name? ")
Send("Your name is "&Answer")

See very simple. Warning! Don't backspace or alter the question within the notepad. The script depends on the length of the line subtracted by the length of the question to extract the answer.

BTW, Make sure you get script 3 when I make it. It will be much much better. Harder for the user to flaw.

Edited by Guidosoft

; Note-Term.au3
; August 17, 2004

Run("Notepad.exe")
LoadConsole("My Console")

This is what I have now but it's still not working. Right now I have the NotepadConsole.au3 script in the same directory as the script that I'm working on. Do I need to have it there are somewhere else?

Thanks again,

Ian

-> I got it to work, I moved the file to the Include Dir. And I was also missing quotes ("") around the NotepadConsole2.au3.

Ian

Edited by ioliver

Here's the code that I have now, just in case someone is interested. It dosen't do much, but it uses the NotepadConsole.au3 script.

; Note-Term.au3
; August 17, 2004

#Include "NotepadConsole2.au3"

Dim $MyPrompt = "Note-Term"

LoadConsole("Note-Term")
Call("Main")

Func Main()
   $Prompt = Input($MyPrompt & ": ")
   $Prompt = StringLower($Prompt)
   Select
     Case $Prompt = "time"
       Call("Func_Time")

Case $Prompt = "prompt"
       Call("Func_MyPrompt")

EndSelect
EndFunc

Func Func_Time()
   $currenttime = @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC
   Send("Time: " & $currenttime)
   Send("{ENTER}")
   Call("Main")
EndFunc

Func Func_MyPrompt()
   $NewPrompt = Input("Type your new prompt: ")
   $MyPrompt = $NewPrompt
   Send("{ENTER}")
   Call("Main")
EndFunc

Ian

Guest Guidosoft

Here's the code that I have now, just in case someone is interested.  It dosen't do much, but it uses the NotepadConsole.au3 script.

; Note-Term.au3
; August 17, 2004

#Include "NotepadConsole2.au3"

Dim $MyPrompt = "Note-Term"

LoadConsole("Note-Term")
Call("Main")

Func Main()
   $Prompt = Input($MyPrompt & ": ")
   $Prompt = StringLower($Prompt)
   Select
     Case $Prompt = "time"
       Call("Func_Time")

Case $Prompt = "prompt"
       Call("Func_MyPrompt")

EndSelect
EndFunc

Func Func_Time()
   $currenttime = @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC
   Send("Time: " & $currenttime)
   Send("{ENTER}")
   Call("Main")
EndFunc

Func Func_MyPrompt()
   $NewPrompt = Input("Type your new prompt: ")
   $MyPrompt = $NewPrompt
   Send("{ENTER}")
   Call("Main")
EndFunc

Ian

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You might wan't to consider using an infanite loop and not have a function call a function that called it. There is a limit to how deep functions can be inside of each other, pushing that limit will result in error.

Instead of:

Func Func1()
Call("Func2")
EndFunc

Func Func2()
Call("Func1")
EndFunc

You should have:

Func Func1()
While 1
Call("Func2")
Wend
EndFunc

Func Func2()
;Do some stuff here
EndFunc

The loop can be killed at anytime by using the ExitLoop command.

Edited by Guidosoft

Guest Guidosoft

Just finished NotepadConsole.Au3. It's in the Public Files area in my folder "Guidosoft".

You still use it the same way but it's better.

In this version it is defenitly much harder to mess anything up ya know? Know, the

user can go to another window and return with no probs. The user can exit the window with no probs. The user can't screw up the question. Narly yea. The only roblem is that you have to click in the window on the same line you left off.

You also can use the 2 new functions ConsoleOutput and ConsoleOutputLine instead of Send("sass") and Send("dsdsd{ENTER}"). Why should you use it. Well when you use send it takes a while to type it all, but when you use the new function it just pastes it write on quick in one shot via the clip board. Narly yea.

Just got keep saying Narly. Can't help it.

Global $CONSOLE_ANSWER
Global $CONSOLE_ANSWERED
Global $TEMP_HANDLE = -1

Func ActivateConsole()
     Opt ("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)
     WinActivate("Handle=" & $TEMP_HANDLE)
EndFunc  ;==>ActivateConsole

Func LoadConsole($CONSOLETITLE)
     Local $CLASSNAME = 'classname=Notepad'
     Run("Notepad.exe")
     WinWait($CLASSNAME)
     $TEMP_HANDLE = WinGetHandle($CLASSNAME)
     WinSetTitle("Handle=" & $TEMP_HANDLE, "", "Notepad Console - " & $CONSOLETITLE)
EndFunc  ;==>LoadConsole

Func SetConsoleTitle($CONSOLE_TITLE)
EndFunc  ;==>SetConsoleTitle

Func GetConsoleTitle()
     Return WinGetTitle("Handle=" & $TEMP_HANDLE)
EndFunc  ;==>GetConsoleTitle

Func CloseConsole()
     WinKill("Handle=" & $TEMP_HANDLE)
EndFunc  ;==>CloseConsole

Func Input($QUESTION)
     ControlSend("Handle=" & $TEMP_HANDLE, "", "Edit1", "{END}" & @LF & $QUESTION & @LF)
     WaitAnswer()
     Return $CONSOLE_ANSWER
EndFunc  ;==>Input

Func WaitAnswer()
     HotKeySet("{ENTER}", "Answer")
     While $CONSOLE_ANSWERED = 0
          Sleep(10)
     Wend
     $CONSOLE_ANSWERED = 0
EndFunc  ;==>WaitAnswer

Func Answer()
     HotKeySet("{ENTER}")
     $CONSOLE_ANSWER = _getlastline()
     $CONSOLE_ANSWERED = 1
EndFunc  ;==>Answer

Func _getlastline()
     Local $TEMP_LINE_COUNT = ControlCommand("Handle=" & $TEMP_HANDLE, "", "Edit1", "GetLineCount", "")
     Return ControlCommand("Handle=" & $TEMP_HANDLE, "", "Edit1", "GetLine", $TEMP_LINE_COUNT)
EndFunc  ;==>_getlastline

Func ClearConsole()
     ControlSend("Handle=" & $TEMP_HANDLE, "", "Edit1", "^a{DEL}")
EndFunc  ;==>ClearConsole

Guest Guidosoft

Global $CONSOLE_ANSWER
Global $CONSOLE_ANSWERED
Global $TEMP_HANDLE = -1

Func ActivateConsole()
     WinActivate("Handle=" & $TEMP_HANDLE)
EndFunc  ;==>ActivateConsole

Func LoadConsole($CONSOLETITLE)
     Local $CLASSNAME = 'classname=Notepad'
     Run("Notepad.exe")
     WinWait($CLASSNAME)
     $TEMP_HANDLE = WinGetHandle($CLASSNAME)
EndFunc  ;==>LoadConsole

Func SetConsoleTitle($CONSOLE_TITLE)
EndFunc  ;==>SetConsoleTitle

Func GetConsoleTitle()
     Return WinGetTitle("Handle=" & $TEMP_HANDLE)
EndFunc  ;==>GetConsoleTitle

Func CloseConsole()
     WinKill("Handle=" & $TEMP_HANDLE)
EndFunc  ;==>CloseConsole

Func Input($QUESTION)
     ControlSend("Handle=" & $TEMP_HANDLE, "", "Edit1", "{END}" & @LF & $QUESTION & @LF)
     WaitAnswer()
     Return $CONSOLE_ANSWER
EndFunc  ;==>Input

Func WaitAnswer()
     HotKeySet("{ENTER}", "Answer")
     While $CONSOLE_ANSWERED = 0
          Sleep(10)
     Wend
     $CONSOLE_ANSWERED = 0
EndFunc  ;==>WaitAnswer

Func Answer()
     HotKeySet("{ENTER}")
     $CONSOLE_ANSWER = _getlastline()
     $CONSOLE_ANSWERED = 1
EndFunc  ;==>Answer

Func _getlastline()
     Local $TEMP_LINE_COUNT = ControlCommand("Handle=" & $TEMP_HANDLE, "", "Edit1", "GetLineCount", "")
     Return ControlCommand("Handle=" & $TEMP_HANDLE, "", "Edit1", "GetLine", $TEMP_LINE_COUNT)
EndFunc  ;==>_getlastline

Func ClearConsole()
     ControlSend("Handle=" & $TEMP_HANDLE, "", "Edit1", "^a{DEL}")
EndFunc  ;==>ClearConsole

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm, this seems to be a modification of my NotepadConsole2.AU3 Script. Well, I guess this person made his extras to fix problems just as I made NotepadConsole3.AU3 with problems fixed as well.

So what did you fix in Notepad Console 2 UP NORTH?

Edited by Guidosoft

Guest Guidosoft

Well, I like my NotepadConsole3.AU3. I have fixed alot. Just a we bit more problems but you pretty much covered one of them in ur code there. Anyway, everybody that downloaded the NotepadConsole2.AU3 should get the NotepadConsole3.AU3. It's 98% Flawless. Just 2 problemos left i think. I'll fix it in yet another version(NotepadConsole4.AU3)

Guidosoft, How is NotepadConsole4 comming along? How about you MS-DOS replacement?

Just checking in. I think NotepadConsole is a good idea. Please keep me updated on future versions.

Ian

Guest Guidosoft

Guidosoft,  How is NotepadConsole4 comming along?  How about you MS-DOS replacement?

Just checking in.  I think NotepadConsole is a good idea.  Please keep me updated on future versions.

Ian

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, do you have NotepadConsole3.AU3?