How do I create an output logging ?

I want to create a GUI that when you click on RUN, it displays beneath the GUI an output of what is done.

For exemple my script does some basic commands, I want to see what is the output directly when the command is run.

How do I do this ?

• Moderators

I want to create a GUI that when you click on RUN, it displays beneath the GUI an output of what is done.

For exemple my script does some basic commands, I want to see what is the output directly when the command is run.

How do I do this ?

You program every detail of it. If something is done, you use GUICtrlSetData() to update the control in which you want to display the output. Your question is so vague and can apply to so many different things you'll need to do some leg work and then ask your questions.

To start, open the help file, look at GUICtrlSetData(), run the example, and see how it is done.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

Actually, sorry for my bad explanation :whistle:

What I want is my basic GUI, that has the options to choose, and then beneath a window like a progress list (like included in attachment) that updates everytime it does something.

Posted Image

OK, I'll admit I understood what you were saying, but I was trying to be polite and say... Start something first then ask questions later.

If you download SciTe (the full version at the top) and look in the Tools menu when you open it, you will see a GFI - GUI helper called Koda, to help you design the GUIs interface, then you have to actually sit down and program every instance of what it is you want.

SciTe Full Version

Here's an example of what you are talking about "output" wise.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=313340

Edit:

I gave you the wrong link to the "output" example... sorry, the above link is correct.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.