IF statement

I'm working on a script that opens a software program and sends commands to download remote data. This all works great.

The problem is that if an error occurs during the download, an error window pops up, and requires a SEND "Enter" to exit. If the window does not pop up, I don't want to send the "enter".

Is there a function in Auto IT that will send the "enter" if the error window pops up, but continue with the script if the window does not pop up?

Thanks

Sean

I'm working on a script that opens a software program and sends commands to download remote data. This all works great.

The problem is that if an error occurs during the download, an error window pops up, and requires a SEND "Enter" to exit. If the window does not pop up, I don't want to send the "enter".

Is there a function in Auto IT that will send the "enter" if the error window pops up, but continue with the script if the window does not pop up?

Thanks

Sean

check out AdlibEnable() in the help file. you can have an adlib function watch for the error message and deal with it if it pops up.

check out AdlibEnable() in the help file. you can have an adlib function watch for the error message and deal with it if it pops up.

O.K. that works great! Thanks.

Another question...how do I tell the script to advance to a certain line in the code, once the error window is closed? kinda like a GOTO statement. If WinActive (error window) send (enter) then goto line XXX and continue running the script.

Sean

O.K. that works great! Thanks.

Another question...how do I tell the script to advance to a certain line in the code, once the error window is closed? kinda like a GOTO statement. If WinActive (error window) send (enter) then goto line XXX and continue running the script.

Sean

use winwait()'s etc to make sure your main thread waits for each window before continuing, so that if the error window pops up, it's already waiting for the next window to come up, then your adlib kills the error window, and the correct window comes up, then the script continues as it should.

-Sean also.

use winwait()'s etc to make sure your main thread waits for each window before continuing, so that if the error window pops up, it's already waiting for the next window to come up, then your adlib kills the error window, and the correct window comes up, then the script continues as it should.

-Sean also.

Thanks again. I'll try it tomorrow.

Sean