LaunchCast

.I've been working off and on getting Launchcast (yahoo's online music service) automated using IE.au3

Features I want / plan on implementing are:

hotkey skip - working

hotkey pause - working

hotkey terminate - working

rating control - this is a flash object that does not lend itself well to automation... Suggestions?

volume control - this appears to be some kind of image map? or something else entirely.

I can tell what the volume currently is, but have not been able to figure out how to set it , short of actually clicking a coordinate location onscreen, which I would like to avoid.

Also, I've been delaying working on the ratings, as it is an embedded flash object that I don't have any idea how to deal w/ at this point.

See my chat thread to express your opinions on the various streaming video services quality and automatibility.

On a somewhat related note, (though more properly belonging in a chat if anyone has an free streaming radio service that is easily automatable and has great content, I'd love to hear about it.

Edited by flyingboz

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

.I've been working off and on getting Launchcast (yahoo's online music service) automated using IE.au3

Features I want / plan on implementing are:

hotkey skip - working

hotkey pause - working

hotkey terminate - working

rating control - this is a flash object that does not lend itself well to automation... Suggestions?

volume control - this appears to be some kind of image map? or something else entirely.

I can tell what the volume currently is, but have not been able to figure out how to set it , short of actually clicking a coordinate location onscreen, which I would like to avoid.

Also, I've been delaying working on the ratings, as it is an embedded flash object that I don't have any idea how to deal w/ at this point.

See my chat thread to express your opinions on the various streaming video services quality and automatibility.

On a somewhat related note, (though more properly belonging in a chat if anyone has an free streaming radio service that is easily automatable and has great content, I'd love to hear about it.

the way i would go, would be to save their .swf file, and rip it apart with a flash decompiler (SWF flash decompiler is a good one) and see how the ratings are posted. your volume etc are controlled inside the .swf, so you're not going to be able to do that very well without interacting with the interface, but the rating should be relatively easy. just open it up and see what page ratings are submitted to, and the syntax on it (variable names and values) and then just make hotkeys so you can like press 1 to give it a 1 etc.

your volume etc are controlled inside the .swf,

@Cameronsdad -- are you sure about that? The ratings are a flash widget, but the volume control I see is a picture link. What I can't figure out is how to send the right data to set the volume -- all the url links appear to be identical.

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

@Cameronsdad -- are you sure about that? The ratings are a flash widget, but the volume control I see is a picture link. What I can't figure out is how to send the right data to set the volume -- all the url links appear to be identical.

well you can control your system volume which will adjust the auditory volume, but not necessarily the flash volume, unless they coded their volume in the flash to interact with the system volume. I'd say just use SoundSetWaveVolume() or Send() with {VOLUME_MUTE}{VOLUME_DOWN} and {VOLUME_UP}