Function Popup

Hi All,

I'm new to AutoIt, not new to programming. So this will be a very basic easy to answer question. I'm developing user defined functions and I'd like to have my functions "popup" in the drop down list in SciTE as well as a definition of the function when the "(" of the function is typed in. I've tried searching the forums for this answer and I believe I saw something about it in the help file, but I can't for the life of me find it anywhere now that I need it! Any help even pointing me to the right help file would be appreciated, thanks!

I dug into the file system and found an .htm file that has the standard file functions in it, however all the user defined functions aren't in the htm and yet they appear in SciTE. That leads me to believe they are stored not in the .htm but elsewhere! Please help, thanks!

Hi All,

I'm new to AutoIt, not new to programming. So this will be a very basic easy to answer question. I'm developing user defined functions and I'd like to have my functions "popup" in the drop down list in SciTE as well as a definition of the function when the "(" of the function is typed in. I've tried searching the forums for this answer and I believe I saw something about it in the help file, but I can't for the life of me find it anywhere now that I need it! Any help even pointing me to the right help file would be appreciated, thanks!

I dug into the file system and found an .htm file that has the standard file functions in it, however all the user defined functions aren't in the htm and yet they appear in SciTE. That leads me to believe they are stored not in the .htm but elsewhere! Please help, thanks!

In the "AutoIt3\SciTE\api" directory, create a file called "au3.user.calltips.api". For each function in your UDFs, put in an entry such as:

_AVI_Close($hWnd) Closes an AVI clip

For more examples, take a look at the call tips file in Auto3Lib.
Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt