New to AutoIt

Hmmm...where should I start...Let's se I'm completely new to autoit and scripting. I was wondering how I would go about automizing an application setup. I'm sure this is fairly easy but since I dont know crap about scripting...thats where i get lost. can someone please help

Hmmm...where should I start...Let's se I'm completely new to autoit and scripting. I was wondering how I would go about automizing an application setup. I'm sure this is fairly easy but since I dont know crap about scripting...thats where i get lost. can someone please help

That is a pretty generic statement. The best thing to do is figure out what you want it to do first and you can use the helpfile in AutoIt for the commands and the syntax to get you started. Look over example scripts and that can sometimes help you understand what you want to accomplish. The helpfile is very good for starters and there are several examples.

EndFuncAutoIt is the shiznit. I love it.

That is a pretty generic statement. The best thing to do is figure out what you want it to do first and you can use the helpfile in AutoIt for the commands and the syntax to get you started. Look over example scripts and that can sometimes help you understand what you want to accomplish. The helpfile is very good for starters and there are several examples.

Sorry about that I should have elaborated more on what i need to get done. I have a laptop where I have installed Acronis Image Workstation. I would like to automize the windows that I have to click next etc. to complete a backup or restoration of a partition.

Sorry about that I should have elaborated more on what i need to get done. I have a laptop where I have installed Acronis Image Workstation. I would like to automize the windows that I have to click next etc. to complete a backup or restoration of a partition.

Thanks looks like the winzip tutorial will get me started on what I need to do. I will need to add a couple things to this script.

1. How do I simulate a mouse click selection?

2. I will get to a section where I have to put text, are there special command I will have to use for that?

3. Are .exe files the only file types that i can launch from run command?

Thanks in advance for your guys help :whistle:

1. MouseClick or ControlClick

2. Send

3. ShellExecute

Look those up in the help file. :whistle:

Thanks for the help. I have it running for both backup and restore. I'm sure I could probably clean up the code a lil but it's working fine and will read up on it more.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hello and forgive my asking this simple question -- I've struggle to find an example here and elsewhere.

Going back to the WinZip tutorial, specifically the installation dialog box.

What AutoIT commands/controls would I use to change the WinZip default installation to something like:

F:\CDE\WinZip

instead of the default location as shown in the tutorial for WinZip.

Thank you,

_Scott

if you're new to autoit, a great place to start is AutoIt 1-2-3...the link is down there:

|

|

|

|

V

Edited by theguy0000

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

I found the answer in another thread.

ControlSetText ( "title", "text", controlID, "new text" [, flag] )

I completed a script to install the BlueZone Terminal emulation client on several Windows terminal servers.

Thanks,

_Scott