New to Autoit, need help

Hello folks,

As the title says, I am new to autoit. I am trying to set up a script that will check a certain pixel for a color. If it is a certain color it will press a specific key. It will then wait a few seconds and check again. I would also like to add a way to start the script and stop it. It seems like it should be pretty simple to do but I haven't written a script before so I don't know any of the commands. Any help anybody can provide would be appreciated.

I've never done anything like this, but straight from the help file....

$trigger=0
HotKeySet("{F9}","triggerDo")
Func triggerDo
If $trigger=0 Then
$trigger=1
Else
$trigger=0
EndIf
EndFunc

While $trigger=1
$var = PixelGetColor( x,y )
If $var=<deccolor> Then
;Where <deccolor> is the decimal value of the color you want. You can also cast Hex to make it a hex color.
Send("KEY")
WEnd

While 1

WENd

Assuming the pixel you wanted to get is at a fixed location, then input the location in x,y.

Otherwise use $pos = MouseGetPos(), and substitute x,y with $pos[0] and $pos[1].

Edited by CrewXp

I've never done anything like this, but straight from the help file....

$trigger=0
Func triggerDo
If $trigger=0 Then
$tigger=1
Else
$trigger=0
EndIf
EndFunc

While $trigger=1
If $var=<deccolor> Then
;Where <deccolor> is the decimal value of the color you want. You can also cast Hex to make it a hex color.
Send("KEY")
WEnd

Assuming the pixel you wanted to get is at a fixed location, then input the location in x,y.

Otherwise use $pos = MouseGetPos(), and substitute x,y with $pos[0] and $pos[1].

So how do I make it wait for few seconds after it does the key press and then automatically start checking again?

For the While part of the code...

While $trigger=1
;Sleep(500)
If $var=<deccolor> Then
Send("KEY")
Sleep(1000)
;Above Code Waits Ten Seconds (in ms)
WEnd

Also, F9 Toggles the pixel checking On/Off. It starts with the script off, but if you press F9 once, it turns it on. If you press F9 again, it turns it off.

You might want to uncomment the ;Sleep(500) in the while so it only checks every half a second, to save system resources.

But for your question, the Sleep(1000) waits one seconds before looping to the top of the while statement again.

Edited by CrewXp

For the While part of the code...

While $trigger=1
;Sleep(500)
If $var=<deccolor> Then
Send("KEY")
Sleep(1000)
;Above Code Waits Ten Seconds (in ms)
WEnd

Also, F9 Toggles the pixel checking On/Off. It starts with the script off, but if you press F9 once, it turns it on. If you press F9 again, it turns it off.

You might want to uncomment the ;Sleep(500) in the while so it only checks every half a second, to save system resources.

But for your question, the Sleep(1000) waits one seconds before looping to the top of the while statement again.

OK, I did the script and compiled it. I am getting an error message in line 19 saying "Wend" statement with no matching "While"

I added an EndIf before the Wend and now I am getting an error saying badly formatted Func statement

Edited by jonasburger

Here, this is better:

GLOBAL $trigger=0

Func triggerDo()

If $trigger=0 Then
$trigger=1
Else
$trigger=0
EndIf
EndFunc

While 1
If $trigger=1 Then
Sleep(500)
If $var=<deccolor> Then
Send("KEY")
Sleep(1000)
;Above Code Waits One Second (in ms)
EndIf
;ToolTip($var,0,0)
EndIf
    WEnd
Edited by CrewXp