[Newbie] [Runescape] Chicken Killer/Looter

Yeah, i decided to make this script as the Anti-Macro systems jagex have in place just damn annoy me when it comes to botting, I've decided to look for alterior methods to earn some quick cash.

Okay guys, Im planning my first public release as I feel nobody really contributes to this community unless they share their creations. Im planning to make a runescape bot to farm "Chicken Feathers". As you may know, killing chickens gets your 5-15 feathers that sell for 5 gold to other players. I plan on uisng pixelsearch() to get the chickens locations and then attacking the . Im still trying to get my head around looting the chickens feathers as looting a small black and white feather on a pile of drops will be difficult.

Anyway, Im confused with something, pixelsearch().

PixelSearch ( left, top, right, bottom, color [, shade-variation][, step]] )

Parameters

left left coordinate of rectangle.

top top coordinate of rectangle.

right right coordinate of rectangle.

bottom bottom coordinate of rectangle.

colour Colour value of pixel to find (in decimal or hex).

shade-variation [optional] A number between 0 and 255 to indicate the allowed number of shades of variation of the red, green, and blue components of the colour. Default is 0 (exact match).

step [optional] Instead of searching each pixel use a value larger than 1 to skip pixels (for speed). E.g. A value of 2 will only check every other pixel. Default is 1.

I find setting the cordinates for the search really vague. I mean, what co-ordinates are we putting in the fields here, any edge of the left/right/center/bottom rectangle? Im just basically confused how pixelsearch() defines the rectangle it searches in.

I'll be updating this post with code and good places to use the bot, untill I have a fully working version it will remain here, then move to the example scripts section.

If anybody is interested in creating a rival script that does the same thing, sure! Please, i'd urge you to. This is a big learning curve for me and I want to get into some regular AutoIt scripting sessions to expand my knowledge. Ideas and code are both welcome.

I know there are a few Runescape botters out there, where are you? :whistle:

i havent played for a long time

but make ur bot randomly talk

and use randome mouse movements meaning the mouse do not move strighat to the point you want (its curves)

and when detecting oubjects/monsters use Picture detect not pixel

Edited by kevin koh

i havent played for a long time

but make ur bot randomly talk

and use randome mouse movements meaning the mouse do not move strighat to the point you want (its curves)

and when detecting oubjects/monsters use Picture detect not pixel

Is there a way to do that without human interventon?

dun use autoit for it >.< its not easy...

try using the scyte or somewhat another editor

its better

go google it

check out Manadar's Runescape Mining Bot

Same thing except mining, without the pick up part.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...mp;hl=Runescape

Hope you get some ideas as well as clarify how to use pixel search

Edit: Oh ya, get Scite, very, very helpful. You will be twice as productive with it and it helps clarify things for you

Cheers guys, Scite, i'll be sure to check that out. Is there still a way to distribute my findings/scripts on here?

Somebody mentioned it has anti-event scripts? Do you mean the events where you asked to find the princess frog out of all the other frogs, otherwise you get warped to a random place (Think it's outside Varrock)?

If I can get this working well and productivly, it'll make millions a day. (projected around 1million a day running 24/7).

What's the link to Scite?

http://www.scintilla.org/SciTE.html?

Edited by Router

Router, SciTE is available on the AutoIt3 download page.

I actually don't recommend studying my mining bot, because chickens and mining are a whole different thing. I actually think that chickens might be a bit easier, but when you're starting.. Everything is hard. I have to set some things straight though, the anti-macro prevention by Jagex is very effective and even making a bot that will keep you logged on and in the same place for an indefinite amount of time is very hard because of the random events.

Hunting chickens may be difficult too, because there a few different things you have to keep in mind:

1. Find the chicken (DOhh)

2. If Chicken is fighting go to step 1

3. Go to the chicken without walking too far. Check again if the chicken is fighting.

4. Fight the chicken

Loop #5. Has the chicken died yet? (NOT: Are there feathers on the floor)

6. If the chicken has died, pick up as many feathers as possible without walking too far.

And constantly check for random events too!

A little note on pixelsearch:

Left and top boundaries can be considered the x and y coordinate of the top left corner while right and bottom boundaries can be seen as the x and y coordinates of the bottom right corner. So, to find these boundaries you will only need the bottom right and top left coordinates.

@kevin koh, :whistle: you have no clue what you are talking about.

Router, SciTE is available on the AutoIt3 download page.

I actually don't recommend studying my mining bot, because chickens and mining are a whole different thing. I actually think that chickens might be a bit easier, but when you're starting.. Everything is hard. I have to set some things straight though, the anti-macro prevention by Jagex is very effective and even making a bot that will keep you logged on and in the same place for an indefinite amount of time is very hard because of the random events.

Hunting chickens may be difficult too, because there a few different things you have to keep in mind:

1. Find the chicken (DOhh)

2. If Chicken is fighting go to step 1

3. Go to the chicken without walking too far. Check again if the chicken is fighting.

4. Fight the chicken

Loop #5. Has the chicken died yet? (NOT: Are there feathers on the floor)

6. If the chicken has died, pick up as many feathers as possible without walking too far.

And constantly check for random events too!

A little note on pixelsearch:

Left and top boundaries can be considered the x and y coordinate of the top left corner while right and bottom boundaries can be seen as the x and y coordinates of the bottom right corner. So, to find these boundaries you will only need the bottom right and top left coordinates.

@kevin koh, :whistle: you have no clue what you are talking about.

Okay thanks a LOT for your reply. Im just killing chickens repeatedly now for some kind of research. Identifying the feather on the floor is almost impossible, bones and the feather just blend in too well. Do random events still happen whilst killing an animal? I've never had a random event whilst killing an animal.

Checking the chicken has died could be done fairly easily as you could identify it by the red health bar (As I wont be taking damage, my health bar will remain green). Once the res pixel is detected, a simple countdown of 10 seconds (to kill chicken) followed by a scan for the feathers could be a way around the problem? Also there is unwanted loot that I may collect, what's the maximum amount of feathers one can hold in one inventory slot?

I mean, If anyone is prepared to hook me up (via pm/messenger) that is also interested in the bot development and that can help the process, feel free to do so. Im doing this more for a hobby than to make some serious runescape cash, as I don't even play :P. I figured I could ebay some gold (No flaming please :lmao:) to prove to myself that autoit scripting can have some pretty rewarding insentives.

I admit, this is a hard project to start with, I have created one bot for a game before (Nostale) which turned out very well, but was very simple, I need a challenge basically.

Im going to play around with a few ideas.

Keep posting :D

i thought random event happen randomly o_0

sorry the editor is not scite

its Scar and another one that is anti random colour client scarscape on sythe.org

How is it an anti-random event?

I know now that if you log off when approached by the random event, then relog, they disappear.

I have adapted Manadar's script and it's working well, just got to incorporate some random event detections. It kills these chickens really slow and only loots inaccuractly, a bit of tweaking and I should be good. Im not leaving it on overnight yet as they random events have already lost me 600 feathers :whistle: I could make the script log off everytime text appears on the screen, but I'll probably end up logging on/off every minute :P

Finding a way to maximise productivity is proving difficult but as I say, it's early days.

I'll get back to you guys :D

• 2 weeks later...

lol hate to break it to u guys, u must have not noticed... SCAR sucks ass lol. When it first came out from UG development it had 2 keyloggers and a trojan. Layman's terms: u no wanty. AutoIt is much more useful for RS. Also, the antiban procedures no longer work on SCAR. You are very lucky if you have not been banned and you have been using it. I developed some of SRL myself, but yet I do not wish for people to spread around things that do not work. Manadar's RSAM Bot is a good example of what does work (Although Manadar, if you do give me permission, I would like to go ahead and use your script in a new program that is developing in the UG, except I wold add a bank option after it incase people don't just want to powermine, they want to actually bank it and sell it. With your permission of course and you will recieve credit.)

People, don't turn back to the past. SCAR is over. Welcome to the revelation of Spectre.

If anyone would like to contribute anything, I mean anything, accounts(not asking for good ones, just pass the tut island) ,scripting knowledge, or anything, please do not hesitate to PM me. I also might start a new topic I guess.

~Nikolai

i wonder if u have ever used scar

i've been using it over a month now and not one of my accounts have been banned so i don't know what ur talking about. as for the virus u have to look and make sure where u download things.

as for programming it autoit. how is it goign to handle random events???!? huh huh huh?

If anyone had used any logic at all, you would know that, when fighting chickens, you take no damage at all. So, therefore, almost half of the random events are already taken care of, because all you would have to do is look for the red dot on you, where the damage appears. As for finding the difference between feathers, and chickens, and other things for that matter, I suggest that you use an OCR.

What goes around comes around... Payback's a bitch.

• 2 weeks later...