tricky self install required

Need some advice on doing this trick, I say it's a trick, cause it's been a pain and I would like to trick it and move on to other things.

we use Zenworks to push apps out to workstations, old version that has been giving us grief. this is where Auto it has saved the day, we are now at a point where we are using Auto it to run as local admin for application installs, we found DaveF's code Daves Awesome Admin script This script works a treat, we get network access and local admin access using this and can install what ever we want from where ever we want.

What we now need to do, is have our installer scripts copy them selfs to the local hard drive of the workstation to execute there from a UNC path before calling Dave's runasset routine.

Zenworks can either deploy the script or execute the script, it can't do both unless we chain 2 apps together, 1 to copy the installer.exe to the local hard drive then the 2nd zen object runs it.

What I would like to be able to do is :-

1. Zenworks executes our installer.exe autoit script from a UNC server path ie \\server\apps\directx\installer.exe

2. installer.exe copies it's self to c:\support\appinstall\installer.exe

3. executes c:\support\appinstall\installer.exe (assumes admin rights, does it's wonderstuff)

4. deletes it's self after running from c:\support\appinstall\installer.exe

is it possible to have your own script install it's self with fileinstall function ? and execute ? (based on it's locatation you could tell that it's installed it's self onto the local hard drive) or would it be a better option to create another autoit script that copy's the installer.exe from the unc path to the local hard drive then execute the installer ?

we want to use this across multiple app installers, so command line options would be use to change the source of the copy.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Michael.

You can make a copy of the script.. Run the new copy and kill itself ... And for the delete part.. onw guy made a nice how to delete your script when runned...

Thanks Shevilie,

for now I've opted for the 2nd script, copies the installer script down to the local hard drive, waits for the process to close then deletes it from the hard drive.