Encryption product help

Hello everyone. I have looked through the forums and came to the conclusion that this is an awesome piece of software. I need help with making a script for an encryption product...it should be rather simple.

It is a dos program...lets call it "encrypt.exe". The problem I have is you can pass everything to the program except the password for decrypting a file. So all I need to do is run the dos commands and then when it ask for the password (in the dos window) autoit would type it in hit enter and close the dos window...sounds pretty simple.

So i know the code would start something like:

RunWait(@COMSPEC & " /c encrypt blah blah filename")

But I do not yet know how to pass something like this in dos...windows gui examples look pretty easy. I hope this question makes sense...and thanks for the help in advance.

Marc

Edited by msuttle

Hello everyone. I have looked through the forums and came to the conclusion that this is an awesome piece of software. I need help with making a script for an encryption product...it should be rather simple.

It is a dos program...lets call it "encrypt.exe". The problem I have is you can pass everything to the program except the password for decrypting a file. So all I need to do is run the dos commands and then when it ask for the password (in the dos window) autoit would type it in hit enter and close the dos window...sounds pretty simple.

So i know the code would start something like:

RunWait(@COMSPEC & " /c encrypt blah blah filename")

But I do not yet know how to pass something like this in dos...windows gui examples look pretty easy. I hope this question makes sense...and thanks for the help in advance.

Marc

Just use the exe name; runwait or run doesn't care if it's a windows or a DOS program.
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Thanks everyone. Got it running with the following code:

Run('"C:\Program Files\-----\filename.exe" decrypt filename)

WinWait('blah')

Sleep(2000) ;two seconds

Opt("SendKeyDelay", 200) ;200 milliseconds

Opt("SendKeyDownDelay", 5) ;5 millisecond

Send('password{ENTER}')

Winclose('Select C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe')

Now I just need to specify a varible for the filename is it well be different everyday. Any advice on this would be cool.

M

Thanks everyone. Got it running with the following code:

Run('"C:\Program Files\-----\filename.exe" decrypt filename)

WinWait('blah')

Sleep(2000) ;two seconds

Opt("SendKeyDelay", 200) ;200 milliseconds

Opt("SendKeyDownDelay", 5) ;5 millisecond

Send('password{ENTER}')

Winclose('Select C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe')

Now I just need to specify a varible for the filename is it well be different everyday. Any advice on this would be cool.

M

Variables are defined with a $ sign before it, and set equal to some value.

$sFileName = "myfile.exe"
oÝ÷ Ù.q©ÚuØ­¶¬¶¸§Ê'q«^«^ºÈ§Ø^jj^®Æ§u©©jëh×6
Run( "C:\progra~1\" & $sFilename )
; the above would try to run "c:\progra~1\myfile.exe"

Go through the help files and find the tutorials on the forum. Reading is always helpful :whistle:

My Code:- _TocLib - UDF for TOC protocol (The simplified one used by 3rd party AIM/ICQ clients)