How do I..

I have a small script i would like users of my forums to run. How would they be able to run it without autoit. My friend told me something about a call function in it, don't really know if that is how you would do it. I also need a way for them to edit the script with selection of certain items, preferably using notepad. Thanks any help would be apreciated.

• Moderators

Ok let me try again :whistle:.

I have a script that i would like to run on a computer without autoit.

What do i need to do to get it run, without downloading autoit on the computer.

Better :P?

Just compile the AutoIt Script and make an executable.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

Ok to simple lol. Also how do i make it where they can edit the values of certain variables.

Like say.

$level = "19"

It equals their level, how do i make it where they can edit that?

Create a gui and give them the ability to input their data, and then read the data into the variable... your question is so vague, there are a ton of answers, inputbox, .ini, .txt, regwrite/read for storing and reading, etc...

Make something, then if you can't figure it out after trying... then come and ask a more defined question with code and details.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

You could make the script get a value from an INI file which they could edit.

Or use an input box

$Level = InputBox("New Value", "Enter a new value")

Check the help file for the options of these

Firefox's secret is the same as Jessica Simpson's: its effortless, glamorous style is the result of — shhh — extensions!

Make something, then if you can't figure it out after trying... then come and ask a more defined question with code and details.

I agree thats the best answer,...

it is really hard for any of us to try to guess which direction you want to go

8)

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

#cs-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
$Username = type in your username for diablo 2.
$Password = type in your password for diablo 2.
$Diablo_File_Path = where your diablo 2 file is located, keep the -w and the -ns
at the end of your file path.
#ce-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
$Diablo_File_Path = ""
$UserName = ""
$Password = ""
$CharSlot = ""

Thats how it is right now, making a bot for diablo 2. I need them to input there username, password all that stuff.

I would like them to do it in notepad if possible. I just don't know how to link the 2 files together. So it takes what they have input and put it in the script. Less vague i hope :whistle:.

EDIT: that is part of the script, so they can see my whole script in note pad and edit that stuff at the top.

Edited by DimeBag

No need to re-invent the wheel, there are lots of those in the example scripts section, just use the top-right-corner of this page to search for 'diablo'

8)

I realize that there are bots for diablo i have used them. I just feel the need to make my own. I would just like my question answered please :whistle:.

looks like you have a long way to go :whistle:

People on this forum always respond better to people who are seen to be making an effort. Thats means posters who have tried to write some code. Otherwise there a helpful supportive group

Firefox's secret is the same as Jessica Simpson's: its effortless, glamorous style is the result of — shhh — extensions!

• Moderators

I realize that there are bots for diablo i have used them. I just feel the need to make my own. I would just like my question answered please :whistle:.

We've given you your answer...

Also, the suggestion for not re-inventing the wheel could also help you in understanding what to do and where to do it... if you went through some of their codes, you'd have alot of your questions answered specifically, along with some good ideas I'm sure.

I have an 85 lines of code written, i just don't feel the need to show it. Its not neccisary to show my work to you or anyone if it has nothing to do with the question? Get what i am saying. I don't think you need to post comments about things either because its a help forum. Its not called, "Opinions about users forum". Sorry if i am being rude but i felt the need to say that.

EDIT: Towards SmOke_N i have looked through others bots codes and thats how i got some ideas. I just couldn't seem to find out how they did. Someone can close this or something.

Edited by DimeBag

• Moderators

I have an 85 lines of code written, i just don't feel the need to show it. Its not neccisary to show my work to you or anyone if it has nothing to do with the question? Get what i am saying. I don't think you need to post comments about things either because its a help forum. Its not called, "Opinions about users forum". Sorry if i am being rude but i felt the need to say that.

You may not think it relevant, but those that help certainly do... so to get support, you have to provide the proper information, or you'll be stuck getting answers from people with as much or less experience than you. The word support doesn't mean ask any question you want to and you will get an answer, it's a means of you providing everything possible to give you the answer at OUR convenience.

If you don't want to show your specific code... fine, but at least take the time to make pseudo-code that works, and all we have to do is connect the dots. This will save you hours/days/weeks of frustration, and will keep those of us that answer questions regularly, to continuously give a hand at our leisure.

EDIT: Towards SmOke_N i have looked through others bots codes and thats how i got some ideas. I just couldn't seem to find out how they did. Someone can close this or something.

Here's a good point to everything above... you have working code, so you could post what you don't understand with comments of what you think it is doing, or if you are totally lost with it... and I'm sure that someone would be more than willing to give a hand in explaining.

You may not think it relevant, but those that help certainly do... so to get support, you have to provide the proper information, or you'll be stuck getting answers from people with as much or less experience than you. The word support doesn't mean ask any question you want to and you will get an answer, it's a means of you providing everything possible to give you the answer at OUR convenience.

If you don't want to show your specific code... fine, but at least take the time to make pseudo-code that works, and all we have to do is connect the dots. This will save you hours/days/weeks of frustration, and will keep those of us that answer questions regularly, to continuously give a hand at our leisure.

Here's a good point to everything above... you have working code, so you could post what you don't understand with comments of what you think it is doing, or if you are totally lost with it... and I'm sure that someone would be more than willing to give a hand in explaining.

I see didn't think of things your perspective. I could see how the rest of the code would help too, would provide you basic backgroud info about what the program is doing. Thanks for the time and help man :whistle:.

I see didn't think of things your perspective. I could see how the rest of the code would help too, would provide you basic backgroud info about what the program is doing. Thanks for the time and help man :whistle:.

Glad you understand, but remember that we are still here to help if you do decide to take it. we just need some code and a little more specific direction as to what you want.

Sorry also if people seem short on help when code isn't provided, but you must understand that this is a pretty busy community that has many people who have questions, and if the experienced people have to spend hours and stabbing in the dark blindly and then waiting for a reply from the OP as to whether the code works is just a waste of time.

People seem to have the idea that we are here to make their custom scripts for them. When this is a support forum where we will offer advice and help people who are stuck, unless it is a ridiculously simple and obvious request, we try to avoid just handing people completed codes.