adjusting scroll bars in window

jason7237

Hey, I've been searching the forum and I have found some ScrollBar UDF's, but they look like they are only for AutoIt GUI's. I was wondering, is there anyway to use them for Explorer windows or other apps? Or does anyone have any suggestions?

My problem is that I have a image viewer that my company has created that doesn't have a clean way of moving the image around when zoomed in. No hand to grab with. No small window position that you can adjust. Just scroll bars. And the scroll bars range is set really high. So, one click on the arrow only moves the image just a few ticks. You can drag the scroll bars, but we are getting complaints all around. I'm surprised my company has let this go on this long. Request after request has been made to have the developer fix it, but to no avail. So, I'd like to create a sort of "wrapper" I guess that could move the scroll bars as the mouse moves(both x,y position at the same time). I plan on using a key combination to turn the function on the currently active window and then a key combination to release it when the customer is done proofing their image. But, I can't seem to find anyway to handle the scroll bars outside of a AutoIt GUI.

If there is a forum article to reference, please just point me in that direction. I've been looking all over and just can't seem to find anything, so I'm wondering if there is anything. Thanks in advance.

jason7237