moving scroll bars

Hey, I've been searching the forum and I have found some ScrollBar UDF's, but they look like they are only for AutoIt GUI's. I was wondering, is there anyway to use them for Explorer windows or other apps? Or does anyone have any suggestions?

My problem is that I have a image viewer that my company has created that doesn't have a clean way of moving the image around when zoomed in. No hand to grab with. No small window position that you can adjust. Just scroll bars. And the scroll bars range is set really high. So, one click on the arrow only moves the image just a few ticks. You can drag the scroll bars, but we are getting complaints all around. I'm surprised my company has let this go on this long. Request after request has been made to have the developer fix it, but to no avail. So, I'd like to create a sort of "wrapper" I guess that could move the scroll bars as the mouse moves(both x,y position at the same time). I plan on using a key combination to turn the function on the currently active window and then a key combination to release it when the customer is done proofing their image. But, I can't seem to find anyway to handle the scroll bars outside of a AutoIt GUI.

If there is a forum article to reference, please just point me in that direction. I've been looking all over and just can't seem to find anything, so I'm wondering if there is anything. Thanks in advance.

jason7237

• Moderators

Are you sure if you had a scroll bar for this app, that you would actually be able to scroll down to something? Is the GUI locked in size?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Hey, I've been searching the forum and I have found some ScrollBar UDF's, but they look like they are only for AutoIt GUI's. I was wondering, is there anyway to use them for Explorer windows or other apps? Or does anyone have any suggestions?

My problem is that I have a image viewer that my company has created that doesn't have a clean way of moving the image around when zoomed in. No hand to grab with. No small window position that you can adjust. Just scroll bars. And the scroll bars range is set really high. So, one click on the arrow only moves the image just a few ticks. You can drag the scroll bars, but we are getting complaints all around. I'm surprised my company has let this go on this long. Request after request has been made to have the developer fix it, but to no avail. So, I'd like to create a sort of "wrapper" I guess that could move the scroll bars as the mouse moves(both x,y position at the same time). I plan on using a key combination to turn the function on the currently active window and then a key combination to release it when the customer is done proofing their image. But, I can't seem to find anyway to handle the scroll bars outside of a AutoIt GUI.

If there is a forum article to reference, please just point me in that direction. I've been looking all over and just can't seem to find anything, so I'm wondering if there is anything. Thanks in advance.

What language was the image viewer written in?. There will be a method to do what you want in that language. Otherwise re-write the whole thing in AutoIt

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

SmOke_N, Yes, there are scroll bars and they do work and they do have something to scroll too if the image is zoomed into at a 1 to 1 view or higher. I've been trying to get connected to one of the clients today to verify about the window being locked down or not. But, to no avail. They turn off my vnc connection over the weekend for safty sake. Will be onsite tomorrow so I will check in on that. I can say that I've never taken the time to notice if the window is locked in size or not.

GEOSoft, Now that you mention it, the client is a java applet. Which I know opens up a whole nother can... And I'd love to rewrite it myself, but I'm not on the development team and I could get into some nasty situations if I was to try rewriting! :whistle: Wish I was on the development team.

Thanks guys.

jason7237