Forum Notification

_Kurt

Hello,

After realizing how annoying it was to receive a new email each New Reply in a Topic or New Personal Message, I decided to create a script that will check for that & notify me. This is real handy since sometimes I want to work on scripts and chat on the forum at the same time. I used an MSN-like GUI for the notification, if you click on it, it will navigate you to the latest reply, if you right-click on it, it will close. It seems to work fine, I've tested it out for a while and it's lookin' pretty good. You can keep updated on as many topics as you want so you can work on new projects & post in the forums! This script requires you to already be logged in, if you are receiving errors that you aren't logged in, simply re-log in and try again (this rarely happens). I've also included a Recent Notifications tray menu item incase you were away for a couple of minutes, this will keep you updated on events that have occured i.e. New Notifications, Errors, etc. ( handy when you need a bathroom break :P ).

This script uses one file located at: @TempDir & "\ForumNotification.dat". This file is used to keep track of your settings. Just thought I'd let you guys know, I hate when scripts write files that I am unaware of. To delete this file, click the "Set to Default" button.

How exactly does this work? The script records the latest reply on the topic link, and after every X seconds/minutes, it will grab the latest reply and compare it to the original reply. The script only uses _InetGetSource for the internet functions.

Please post ANY problems that you experience.

I'd also like to hear some improvements & feedback :whistle:

Kurt

For those who may receive Msgbox's saying that they are not logged in, try re-logging into the forums and make sure you are logged into IE first.

Update 3: [April 2nd]

Added Auto-Login & Some Minor fixes

Update 2: [March 26th]

Fixed "Invalid Topic" bug from topics with no replies

Update 1: [March 19th]

Added option to save your settings.

Posted Image

Go ahead and test it! Run the script, post here, and watch the notification window pop up!

Edited by _Kurt

Awaiting Diablo III..

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice script!! I think I will be using this quite often. Thanks you very much!

http://www.autoitking.co.nr Site is DOWN | My deviantART | No Topic Topic - Don't do it!-------------------- UDF's/Scripts:AutoIt: [BenEditor 3.6] [_ShutDown()]PHP: [CommentScript]Web Based AutoIt: [MemStats] [HTML to AU3] [User LogIn and SignUp script]

• Moderators

This is weird... I was going to do something like this last week but couldn't find the time. Nice.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Handy tool !

could you make a save function for the url's

with autoload on startup ?

couse every time i restart the comp i have to reinsert the url's

that would be a nice future

nice done !

jpam

I have just tried re logging in Firefox, and login in in IE. No success at all. Still tells me I am not logged in..

Hmm, try running this small script, don't change any lines. If you get an AU3Check error or a blank msgbox, this means that this won't be able to work. However, if you get a msgbox containing "X New Messages", I know how to fix your problem so we'd be in luck :whistle: .

EDIT: Problem solved

Hope it works,

Kurt

Edited by _Kurt

Awaiting Diablo III..

Thanks Kurt. I appreciate it. :whistle:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Bureaublad\Nieuw - AutoIt v3 Script.au3 (10) : ==> Subscript used with non-Array variable.: 
MsgBox(0,"",$CheckPM[0]) 
MsgBox(0,"",$CheckPM^ ERROR

Edit1:By the way, I manually checked the source of the page and it was there...

&middot;&nbsp;<a href="http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?act=Msg&amp;CODE=01">-1 New Messages</a>

Edit2: This works:

#Include <Inet.au3>
#Include <String.au3>

$link = "http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42878"
$source2  = _INetGetSource($link)
If @error = 1 Then
    MsgBox(0,"","ERROR: Failed to retrieve source code from: " & $link)
Else
    $a = StringRegExp($source2,"[0-9]+.New Messages",3)
    If Not @error Then
        MsgBox(0, "", $a[0])
    EndIf
EndIf
Edited by Manadar

Or with the negative posts bug: :whistle:

#Include <Inet.au3>
#Include <String.au3>

$link = "http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42878"
$source2  = _INetGetSource($link)
If @error = 1 Then
    MsgBox(0,"","ERROR: Failed to retrieve source code from: " & $link)
Else
    $a = StringRegExp($source2,"-?[0-9]+.New Messages",3)
    If Not @error Then
        MsgBox(0, "", $a[0])
    EndIf
EndIf

That actually gives me an error... I've confirmed that I'm actually not logged in.

#include <INet.au3>

$login = _INetGetSource("http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/")
If @error = 1 Then
    MsgBox(0,"","Error getting source: " & @error)
Else
    MsgBox(0, "", StringInStr($login,"Welcome Guest"))
EndIf

Gives a message box with a number 51xx. This confirms that I am a Guest. _INetGetSource just sucks...

Edit: Upps!! IE had knocked me offline.. :whistle: for Microsoft.

I got it working, and I have no clue what I changed.. :|

Edited by Manadar