Controlcommand Problems

Nothing except WinActivate and MsgBox are working. I know its something simple that I'm messing up, I just can't figure out what.

WinActivate("APP NAME", "")
ControlCommand ("APP NAME", "", "SysListView322", "SelectString", 'ITEM NAME')
$mn = ControlCommand ("APP NAME", "", "SysListView322", "GetCurrentSelection", "")
MsgBox(4096, "Test", "$mn")

Ok thats good to know.

But in this thread this-is-me was saying that it should work..?

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=120

Im getting kinda frustrated. Its no one's fault at all, its just that I don't really know how to program, yet I am trying to make this decent size application. :ph34r:

So far I have learned 4 other scripting/macro languages before I was pointed towards AI3. I think AI3 is what I need, but it seems I can't make any headway. About 70% of my program rests around harvesting the text from 2 SysListView32 lists. With the other versions of the program I built with the other langueages I used an OCR program called Kleptomania to harvest the text, but that has too many potential problems. Trids told me about a ListView extractor called CopyText, though he said he had probems using it with AI3. But again thats another 3rd party piece of software. I really want to be able to harvest these lists with a built in function for stability and ease of distribution. [/frustration_purge] :(

@bigred, I am so sorry to say that I am wrong. I have used controlcommand with listboxes and assumed that is what you referred to. If you really want to find some info on a syslistview32, then you can take this very dangerous approach:

focus the listview.

send f2. this tries to rename the item

send CTRL+C. this copies the name

send {ESC}. this cancels the rename

use clipget() to get the name of the item

send up, down, left, or right arrow keys to go to the next item

repeat until the item you need is in focus, then do what you want ({enter} to run, {appskey} to bring up a menu, etc.)

Edited by this-is-me
Who else would I be?