Loop Help!

Jmjl

Have a look at:

• While and WEnd
  • Sleep()
  • HotKeySet() (to provide a nice way to exit, see also FAQ #12)
  • ControlClick()
  • MouseClick()
That should get you started.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

I don't understand how to ake it loop though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are several examples in the helpfile...

Since I'm feeling a little bit on the nice side, how about I give you some links to the online documentation. I don't suppose you tried a search for the word "loop" in the helpfile? Kinda handy how a lot of this same stuff pops up :ph34r:

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

Another way of looking at this is to use an AdLib function with the timer set for 100 seconds. Put a sleep for several seconds inside a loop. Take a look in the documentation index for AbLib.

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...

Another way of looking at this is to use an AdLib function with the timer set for 100 seconds.  Put a sleep for several seconds inside a loop.  Take a look in the documentation index for AbLib.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A question:

When you have an AdLib func' running...

And the function it runs contains a sleep command that pauses longer than the interval AdLib repeats the function...

What happens?

Edited by SlimShady

• Developers

A question:

And the function it runs contains a sleep command that pauses longer than the interval AdLib repeats the function...

What happens?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The adlib function will be called during the sleep...

just try to demo it:

$A = 1
AdlibEnable("test")
sleep(10000)
Exit

Func Test()
   SplashTextOn("test",$a)
   $a=$a+1
EndFunc

:ph34r:

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

A question:

What happens?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I created a test script to find out.

It would seem that the AdLib function is allowed to complete itself without interruption, but that it does not allow the code where it left to run the adlib anymore. In effect, you will create an endless loop of the AdLib function. I can't think of why you would want this effect, but I suppose someone might find an interesting way to use it.

The code:

MsgBox(64, "Text Script", "To exit the test, please press alt-q")
HotKeySet("!q", "quit")

AdLibEnable("function", 4000)
Global $executed_main = 0
While 1
  $executed_main = 1
  ToolTip("main loop text", 0, 0)
  Sleep(1000)
WEnd

Func Quit()
  Exit
EndFunc

Func function()
  If $executed_main = 1 Then
    ToolTip("Running AdLib from main loop code", 0, 0)
    Sleep(1000)
  EndIf
  $executed_main = 0
  For $i = 1 To 6
    ToolTip("AdLib tooltip number " & $i, 0, 0)
    Sleep(1000)
  Next
EndFunc

The adlib function will be called during the sleep...

just try to demo it:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think his question was regarding the AdLib itself. See my example above for what I think he was refering to.