Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dethredic

Chemical Equation Simulator

9 posts in this topic

This program will take 2 given reactants and give you the product.

Working

Ion + Ion

Ion + Polyatomic Ion

Polyatomic Ion + Polyatomic Ion

Still To Do

Compound + Element

Compound + Compound

May be larger combinations

As I do not claim to be a chemistry pro (I just started learning about it this year) I could use some help. I do not know if it is possible to do the Compound + Compound / Compound + Element with any degree of accuracy.

If someone is good at chemistry and wants to help please PM me.

Chemical_Equation_Simulator.zip

"Its not about the 30 inch 1080p display, or the SLI 8800 ultras, or the DDR3 memory. It's about when you turn on your PC, does it return the favor?"Math is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that is not why we do it

Cool, now come out with a version for the TI calculators. xD

[center][/center]Working on the next big thing.Currently Playing: Halo 4, League of LegendsXBL GT: iRememberYhslaw

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

Hmm, that is a monumental task your doing, if you plan to do it right. First thing i would do it program simple check for the simpler reaction eg. a hydrocarbon (CHO) + O2 -> CO2 + H2O is always going to be combustion. What you are going to have to do is use an algorithm (fancy word :whistle: ) to generate possible products. The first thing you are going to want to do is get a list of all "common" oxidation states for all the known elements. Parse that and then start building the script to analyze and match up what you have for reactants with the possible combinations for products and attempt to balance it. This could be very interesting. I would be more than happy to help you but I'm going to be tied up for the most part for the next two weeks as i have a term paper I'm working on. After that if i have some spare time I'll see what i can work up.

@fear1313

I do have experience with programming in TI Basic, it wont be terribly fast but it is possible i could port this to TI.

EDIT: Thought of something, ION + ION, should check to see if they are soluable in water. IE Na + Cl will not yield anything in water because it is a soluable compound.

Edited by smstroble

MUHAHAHAHAHA

@ smstroble I'd be glad for any help possible, let me know when you are not busy

"Its not about the 30 inch 1080p display, or the SLI 8800 ultras, or the DDR3 memory. It's about when you turn on your PC, does it return the favor?"Math is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that is not why we do it

wow this is wierd I was thinking about making the same thing last week (for extra credit from teacher) because I too am doing these in school this year. :whistle: Looks like you beat me to it :P

Hallman

@SmStroble: Ya, I've done some simple coding (mainly games) on my friends TI-84, but I think the lag would be beyond the point of practicality. I was just pointing out that this script would be more useful if you could use it in class.

[center][/center]Working on the next big thing.Currently Playing: Halo 4, League of LegendsXBL GT: iRememberYhslaw

Update, a few minor bugs fixed

Update, a few minor bugs fixed

good program

good program

Way to get your post count up :) I bet you didn't even download it :)

Pretty much same response as my other thread :)