How to handle a MSFlexGrid

I'm currently testing an application written in VB6. Until yesterday I had no idea what to expect of AutoIt but having played one day with it, I am already thinking about getting myself a mug. My successful experience with a TreeView control (using Auto3Lib) convinced me that a MSFlexGrid control wouldn't be any problem. Unfortunately, I've had no luck until now. AutoIt Windows Info is showing me that some control that I want to interact with is of ClassNameNN: MSFlexGridWndClass1. I would like to get access to the rows and columns and read data from it. I have tried:

ControlFocus($s_MainAppTitle, "", "MSFlexGridWndClass1")
ControlClick($s_MainAppTitle, "", "MSFlexGridWndClass1")oÝ÷ Ù8b±éݲêlzW¶)ඬa®"l ®'AºØhÁƧ"·u©òu«Z~º&¶ ®'Séȶ¸t¸¬µXÀ­£râm«­¢+ØÀÌØí¡1½Ñ1¥ÍÐô
½¹Ñɽ±Ñ!¹± ÀÌØíÍ}5¥¹ÁÁQ¥Ñ±°ÅÕ½ÐìÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½Ðí5M±áÉ¥]¹
±ÍÌÄÅÕ½Ðì¤)}1¥ÍÑY¥Ý}
±¥­%Ñ´ ÀÌØí¡1½Ñ1¥ÍаİÅÕ½Ðí±ÐÅÕ½Ðì°QÉÕ°Ä°Ä°±Í¤

Nothing happens. Anyone any suggestions how to tackle this?

• 4 months later...

I don't believe (but am not sure) that MSFlexGrid and MSHFlexGrid VB controls expose themselves to automation via the standard interfaces like User32.dll.

If that's true, you have to figure out what the interface is (one VB website mentioned "vsflex3.ocx"?) and code AutoIt to use it via ObjCreate(), or DllCall().

There is an AutoIt thread from over a year ago: COM help needed, MSFlexGrid-Control

That looks to use ObjCreate() to connect to the interface and then standard AutoIt COM Object methods to work with it, but that is creating a control in an AutoIt GUI. It's over my head to see if you can connect to an existing VB app's MSFlexGrid controls that way.

Maybe one of the smart people will step in and enlighten us both...

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• 9 years later...

@Patxi The AutoIt forums have gone through several updates/conversions since the original posting of this thread.  At some point, during one (or more) of the upgrades, there were some conversion issues/data corruptions.  Considering the last post was in 2007, I doubt there are backups of the DB, but that's not something I have any insight into and I doubt the admins that may want to get in the business of recovery unless critical.  

I did a quick search on the forum for MSFlexGridWndClass1 and several threads came up.  You might wan to check them out. 

Edited by spudw2k