IE on a remote pc

We have 3 computers that run a scrolling calender that displays through out the buildings there are 3 displays on each computer and each of them have an instance of IE running that has the daily calender for that floor scrolling in the window. We past the calender to a web server each day and then need to refresh the IE windows on each display to update the calender. I would like to automate this without having to put the compiled script on the 3 computers if I can I would like to use my management computer. I already have the scripts that would do the refresh if on the local computer and it is very basic very similar to the examples in the help. I just don't know how I could script it to connect to the IE browser on the remote computer. Any help would be greatly appreciate I am still somewhat of a novice at AutoIt

The ObjCreate function (which is at the core of _IECreate) does allow you to specify a remote computer and username/password.

I have never had a need to test this, but you should be able to replace something like:

$oIE = _IECreate("http://some-url")oÝ÷ Û­«­¢+ØÀÌØí½%ô=©
ÉÑ ÅÕ½Ðí%¹ÑɹÑáÁ±½ÉȹÁÁ±¥Ñ¥½¸ÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½Ðíɵ½Ñµ½µÁÕÑȵ¹µÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½Ðíå½ÕȵÕÍɹµÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½Ðíå½ÕȵÁÍÍݽÉÅÕ½Ðì¤)}%9Ù¥Ñ ÀÌØí½%°ÅÕ½Ðí¡ÑÑÀ輽ͽµµÕÉ°ÅÕ½Ðì¤

You'd then be able to use most IE.au3 commands on this remote $oIE. I have done no testing of this and there are certainly things that wouldn't work, like _IEAttach, but there is a lot that should work seamlessly.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

$oIE = ObjCreate("InternetExplorer.Application", "remote-computer-name", "your-username", "your-password")
_IENavigate($oIE, "http://some-url")
oÝ÷ Ûú®¢×æ룮ƫy©ky§r¢§²§²×vÎn0«y«^².Ù÷öÒ.±ãg­6-+0¢é]mëayø«²Ûbâ!j÷®±çNn;-jצz{l²7öiè¶Ë«y«-¢'íã*Þj×°¢é]iËnjYrr·µæ§{룯§v(®Ö¤yÊ'¶º%¡ö§{¬¶)à[(¶«yªÞ¶ÞyºèÂÇ«²^ÞiÈ¢jnµêâØ^r^Ê°®^Øî²Û!£0«Z¦bq«b¢{hÂäÂ+a¶§{ew¢é]"ëjëh×6
 _IEAttach ($oIE, "Title")

one other Idea might be to add a meta refresh in the beginning of the html-page...

<!-- Refresh page after 10 seconds -->
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="10" />

> there are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

The browsers are already open so instead of ObjCreate shouldn't I use ObjGet. Now this would be the first time I have used Obj statements so I'm not sure as to if the ObjCreate would actually create a new browser window or take control of an existing. Also there are three browsers open on each computer in the code you wrote it just shows what application to work with. the next line could I use

_IEAttach ($oIE, "Title")
No, ObjGet does not work with InternetExplorer.Applicaiton.

As I noted in my initial reply, _IEAttach is one function that definately will not work for a remote system as it is implemented. _IEAttach uses a Shell.Windows collection object to gain access to the browsers, so you could tear _IEAttach apart to create your own function that would specify a remote system as in my example above.

So, the answer is that I think this is all doable, but it is beyond the design scope of IE.au3. You are welcome to modify IE.au3 to suit yourself or to create new functions using IE.au3 code of course, but you're going to have to dig in and figure out how it all fits together.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble