Autocad and AutoIt

Hi

We have third party software that uses a pop up dialog box to capture the job number when we do color prints, in Autocad. I would like some code that will automatically fill in the job number on the dialog box.

I can capture the job number in the Autocad command line or through lisp, However I don't know how to transfer this value to the dialog box.

At the moment I have some AutoIt code that will click the okay button, however it has the job number that was used from the previous time.

ps I am a newbie...

thanks

Russ

Thanks Kurt

The problem with ControlSend is that it actually places a given string into the application(autocad). I want to take a value from the application (Autocad) and paste it into a another application(Equitrac -third party software)

Russ

Not 100% sure what you need, but look up the following functions in the Helpfile:

ControlSend

ControlClick

WinActivate

Win*

Mouse*

Kurt

Thanks

I had a look at those functions but I am not sure how to use them. I am not sure how I can capture the job number from Autocad as a string and place it into the dialog box.

Any ideas ??

thanks

Russ

File* functions are useful if your routines are logging the plotting. e.g.: FileReadLine

I doubt using Control* functions, due to the lisp dialogs used by AutoCAD. Anyway, try it. :whistle:

Having another look at my problem - to me it seems because Autoit functions can not directly read values from Autocad I would firstly have to place a string within in notepad (using lisp), from autocad, then I would use the functions suggested to capture the job number. Would this be the correct path to follow?