AutoIt Menu

big_daddy

• Moderators

I decided to try my luck at making a Firefox Extension from scratch, so what better for my first extension than something for AutoIt! This extension adds main-menu and context menu navigation for the AutoIt Forums.

Screenshot:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Now available on AMO!

AutoIt Menu v1.3.1 (06/24/2011)

If you are updating from a previous version you will need to install from the AMO site this one time. Future updates will happen as expected.

---

Version History

• Added - Compatibility for Firefox through version 6.*

Open Tickets

Known Bugs:

• None

---

Comments and suggestions welcome!

Edited by big_daddy

Nice! Very cool. And useful! Btw, what theme is that? Looks nice.

Edited by AutoItKing
http://www.autoitking.co.nr Site is DOWN | My deviantART | No Topic Topic - Don't do it!-------------------- UDF's/Scripts:AutoIt: [BenEditor 3.6] [_ShutDown()]PHP: [CommentScript]Web Based AutoIt: [MemStats] [HTML to AU3] [User LogIn and SignUp script]

I decided to try my luck at making a Firefox Extension from scratch, so what better for my first extension than something for AutoIt! This extension adds main-menu and context menu navigation for the AutoIt Forums.

Screenshot:

Posted Image

Drag and drop this link into your extensions window.

AutoIt Menu v1.0.0

Comments and suggestions welcome!

Very Nice Bob!!!

I dragged it and it installed in 1 second.... Works GREAT!!!

I wondered where you've been hiding... lol

Nice addition to your quality work!

8)

NEWHeader1.png

• Moderators

Nice! Very cool. And useful! Btw, what theme is that? Looks nice.

The theme I use is Noia 2.0 (eXtreme). However I packed all the menu icons myself, and tried to make it flow with the theme nicely.

Very Nice Bob!!!

I dragged it and it installed in 1 second.... Works GREAT!!!

I wondered where you've been hiding... lol

Nice addition to your quality work!

8)

I've been real busy lately, college courses, web pages, work...

Congrats!!! this is a MUST HAVE for all the autoit comunity!!! :whistle:

BTW I don't see any icons :D

As mentioned above I tested this with the Noia 2.0 (eXtreme) theme. It appears that some themes do not support the menu icons.

Really nice. I see the buttons just fine.

Maybe you should try to integrate the RSS into the forum categories :P

I haven't looked into the RSS Readers yet, but that is on the to do list.

---

Thank you all!

I wasn't using the new theme before and the icons didn't show up. But now they do. Might be something to look into.

http://www.autoitking.co.nr Site is DOWN | My deviantART | No Topic Topic - Don't do it!-------------------- UDF's/Scripts:AutoIt: [BenEditor 3.6] [_ShutDown()]PHP: [CommentScript]Web Based AutoIt: [MemStats] [HTML to AU3] [User LogIn and SignUp script]

• Moderators

Could you move it down when you mark something and right click?

Maybe below the line?

If you look in ".\content\autoit\autoitOverlay.xul" you will find the following line (I will explain this further below).

<menu id="autoitmenu" label="AutoIt" accesskey="A" insertafter="context-stop">

You can change "context-stop" to a different context id, or you can completely omit the "insertafter" command to place it at the bottom.

I wasn't using the new theme before and the icons didn't show up. But now they do. Might be something to look into.

I did some more research and found two classes (menu-iconic & menuitem-iconic) that enable menu icons for specific menus. This is included in the new version, thanks.

This is awesome.

Is there anyway to see the code so that I could try doing this for other programs?

Yes, xpi files are just zip files with a different extension. I would suggest installing 7-Zip and using that to open/edit the extension. Inside the xpi file there is a jar file which is also just a zip file, this is where most of the content you will need to edit is.

---

Uploaded new version (v1.0.1) which fixes the icons not showing in most themes.

---

Thank you all again!

Edited by big_daddy

• Moderators

Very nice and useful.

Perhaps you will add to the advanced search this Google link, which provides alternate search capabilities:

http://www.google.com/advanced_search?q=+s...&as_qdr=all

I will most definitely add that to the next release, thanks!

---

I'm still looking into the RSS Reader, but are there any other suggestions for the next release?

• Moderators

@Val - Thanks, how could I have forgotten that one!

@Gun-Food - Myself and th.meger have been working on the same thing via pm. I have done a complete rewrite of the extension to allow for additional languages/forums.

---

Uploaded new version (v1.1.0) which includes some additional links, localization, and automatic update support!.