AutoIt Menu

big_daddy

• Moderators

edit: oh wait, the run with scite and edit with scite options arent working for me...

Are you getting any error messages?

Try this:

• Click Tools-->Error Console-->Clear
  • Try using one of the functions
  • Check the Error Console and see what it says.

by the way, is it ok if I try to make it search the forums / google for the highlighted text? I'd like to practice a little...

Go ahead, I described earlier in this tread how to make edits.

---

I'm working on some shortcut keys. What do you all think of these?

• Alt+Insert - "Edit with SciTE"
  • Alt+F5 - "Run with SciTE (prod)"
  • Ctrl+Alt+F5 - "Run with SciTE (beta)"
---

Thanks again guys!

error console shows:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIWindowsRegKey.readStringValue]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://autoit/content/autoitOverlay.js :: FindPathAutoIt :: line 65" data: no]

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

omg...how have I not seen this before? simple AWSOME!

I know! I just got Firefox to use this and I love it! It works really well! Keep up the 5 star, top quality work!

• Moderators

error console shows:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIWindowsRegKey.readStringValue]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://autoit/content/autoitOverlay.js :: FindPathAutoIt :: line 65" data: no]

Did you install AutoIt, or did you use the zipped version?

That error indicates that it didn't find the path to AutoIt within the registry. I'm currently working on some user definable settings that should fix errors like this.

ok, i found the problem...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AutoIt v3\AutoIt only has 2 values: BetaVersion and BetaInstallDir. There is no InstallDir at all.

edit: and i always use the executable installer, never the zip. ANY idea why the installer would fail to put those values in the registry?

Edited by theguy0000

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

• Moderators

ok, i found the problem...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AutoIt v3\AutoIt only has 2 values: BetaVersion and BetaInstallDir. There is no InstallDir at all.

edit: and i always use the executable installer, never the zip. ANY idea why the installer would fail to put those values in the registry?

Do you have the production version install as well?

For a temporary fix create a new string value in the "AutoIt" Key called "InstallDir" with AutoIt's install path as the value.

Do you have the production version install as well?

For a temporary fix create a new string value in the "AutoIt" Key called "InstallDir" with AutoIt's install path as the value.

I did that...and yes, the prod version is installed.

I just added that new value, and it works like a charm. still wondering what happened there, though...oh well.

• Moderators

Really nice script, keep up the good work. May I ask where you learnt to create Firefox extensions?

Thanks! Here are the two sites that got me started.

How to create Firefox extensions

Building an Extension

---

this thing updates itself, right?

Yes, Firefox 2.0.* has an automatic update feature that periodically searches for updates then prompt you to install them the next time it starts.

If you don't wish to wait you can use Tools-->Add-ons-->Find Updates.

---

Posted Image

would it be possible to have that Edit with Scite item somwhere else too?

Yes, you can pretty much add one where ever you want. I'll see if I can come up with some examples for you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

SWEET! Thanks

Your welcome!

---

I hope everyone is getting as much use from this as I am! Don't forget you can use Alt+Insert to edit, Alt+F5 to run prod, or Ctrl+Alt+F5 to run beta.

I'd also like more comments and suggestions so I can continue to improve it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

No recent updates or enhancements....

Like on-call speell checking, highlighted dictionay search, dancing girls, etc, etc, etc

8)

1) Doesn't Firefox already provide adequate spell checking?

2) Like searching on dictionary.com or the online documentation?

3) Hmmm...I'll have to think about that one.

1) Doesn't Firefox already provide adequate spell checking?

2) Like searching on dictionary.com or the online documentation?

3) Hmmm...I'll have to think about that one.

Actually, at times, including right now as i Typppe, Firefox is not spell-checking noothing

It would be nice to be able to "activate" it

Possibly dictionary on-line or maybe an "option" for using Word's built-in dic

3 OOOwwhaaa!!!

8)

EDIT: as i hit the "edit" key, Firefox is now checking the spelling

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png