CommandLauncher

GioVit

Command Launcher v1.0

Totally New version Updated 03/25/2007 download Launch.zip bellow

Posted Image

What it Does?

- Let you define "Commands" (Word or Phrase, not Hot Keys neither menus) wich permit you to launch one or more items at the same time.

What is an item?

- Whatever Application, File, Document, Folder, special folder, web address and email address that can be executed by itself or is associated to other Applications.

How can I invoke the program after Running?

- Press the keys Win+Spacebar to invoque Command Launcher

How can I define a "Command"?

- there are two ways:

- 1) Select one or more items (by Control Click or Shift Click on each or by gragging a text) like you usually do when you want to Copy/Paste,

then Press the Hotkey Ctrl+Shift+v and an "Edit Command" dialog box will appear, with the included items. Simply define a name for the command and Click OK button.

You can still use the Hotkey Ctrl+Shift+v while the "Edit Command" dialog box is Shown, all the new items will be added to the "Launch items list"

- 2) Invoke the "Command Launcher" (Pressing Win+Spacebar) Write the name of the New Coomand in the InputBox (Command) or leave it Empty and Click the "Add" button.

How can I add more Items?

- While the "Edit Command" dialog box is Visible you can click on the "Add" button to add items manually or you can still select more Items from other applications and Paste to the "Launch item list" with the Hotkey Ctrl+Shift+v

How can I Launch a defined Command?

- Simply invoke the "Command Launcher", Write a few chars in the Inputbox (Command) until you see your command displayed in the list of "filtered command".

Press the Down Arrow until you get to the "Command" you wish to Execute and Press Enter key or Click the "Execute" Button

How can I Launch a Special Folder?

- Add a New Command or Edit an old one to display the "Edit Command" dialog box.

- Click the "Add" button and will appear an "Edit Item" dialog box.

- In the "Item Type" Combobox select "Special Folder"

- In the "Special Folder" Combobox select the folder you wish to open when launching the Command

- Click Ok button

- Define a Command Name in "Command" Inputbox (if not Defined yet)

- Click Ok button

- Invoke the new or edited "Command"

How to Quit from "Command Launcher"?

- Press the HotKey Win+x

Why you think I can use this launcher ?

- If want to access your favorite apps with a mnemonic name

- if you want to see your favorite the domestic news in internet with few keystrokes

- if you like to open many forums at the same time

- if need to open many files, folders and applications at the same time.

- if you want to send an email quickly

- if you forgot many HotKeys

- if you hate to navigate in the "start menu" or in large menu launcher programs.

- if you like simply but Powerful Utilities.

then you will like "Command Launcher"

Note: There are many good Applications launcher, I don't want to underestimate the effort of many programmers but I was looking for a "free" program launcher

like this one, and I didn't find nothing similar, so I decided to write my own and its free for everyone.

Many thanks to all the people that contribute with valuable code in the AutoIt Forums.

Launcher.zip

Edited by GioVit

I forgot to say Press the TAB key to move from the InputBox to the ListBox and Shift-TAB to get back to the InpuBox.

Not necesary in new version just use the down and Up arrows

Edited by GioVit

I forgot to say Press the TAB key to move from the InputBox to the ListBox and Shift-TAB to get back to the InpuBox.

I found this script to be buggy - and maybe you made it like this, but the input box (little rectangle with drop down) appears to move and when I went to type something in it brought up box for ADD - but did not do anything. Maybe give us a step by step example to go from?

EDIT - by move I mean that the box moves depending on which window has focus - kinda cool if that was what you were trying.

Edited by nitekram

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

"Everybody catches up with everyone, eventually" 

"As you teach others, you are really teaching yourself."

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

AutoIt Snippets | Multple Guis | Interrupting a running function | Another Send

StringRegExp | StringRegExp Help | RegEXTester | REG TUTOR | Reg TUTOT 2

AutoItSetOption | Macros | AutoIt Snippets | Wrapper | Autoit  Docs

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

Replace $ghGDIPDll with $__g_hGDIPDll

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

I found this script to be buggy - and maybe you made it like this, but the input box (little rectangle with drop down) appears to move and when I went to type something in it brought up box for ADD - but did not do anything. Maybe give us a step by step example to go from?

EDIT - by move I mean that the box moves depending on which window has focus - kinda cool if that was what you were trying.

Ok, Sorry for that, Please download CmdLauncher again, there was a little bug.

Example 1

- Run CmdLauncher

- Select all the text below in the quote box

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?

calc.exe

giovit@net.net

c:\Program files\Autoit3\autoit3.chm

- Press Ctrl-Shift-V (a dialog box will appear and your selected text is pasted to the listbox)

- In the Command Name InputBox Type "First Sample"

- Press OK button (the dialog box will close and The text "First Sample" will appear in the floating InputBox )

- Now press the button with the green arrow or click in the floating InputBox and press Enter Key

you must see that your default browser will open the autoit forum, the calculator will also open, your default email program will try to edit an e-mail to giovit@net.net (btw this is a fake email address) and the autoit help file will be open (if autoit was installed in c:\Program Files\Autoit3)

Example 2

- Run CmdLauncher (if it not running yet)

- Type "Second Sample" in the floating InputBox and press Enter Key (a dialog box will appear "Edit Command")

- Press the Add Button (you have to wait a while don't know why) another Dialog box will appear "Edit Properties"

- in the Item Type ComboBox Select "Special Folder"

- Select My Computer in the Special Folder ComboBox

- Select Normal Window int the Open as ComboBox

- Press OK Button

- Press Ok Button Again in the Edit Command Dialog Box

Now type sec in the floating InputBox, press TAB then press DOWN ARROW then press SPACE BAR the command in the listbox will be copied to the floating Input box.

Type Enter Key and you will see My Computer folder in your screen

I hope you will find this useful

if you want to delete this two command you have to delete the ini file created in the same folder where you saved the CmdLauncher.au3 because the Delete command is not implemented yet.

Edited by GioVit

Ok, Sorry for that, Please download CmdLauncher again, there was a little bug.

Example 1

- Run CmdLauncher

- Select all the text below in the quote box

- Press Ctrl-Shift-V (a dialog box will appear and your selected text is pasted to the listbox)

- In the Command Name InputBox Type "First Sample"

- Press OK button (the dialog box will close and The text "First Sample" will appear in the floating InputBox )

- Now press the button with the green arrow or click in the floating InputBox and press Enter Key

you must see that your default browser will open the autoit forum, the calculator will also open, your default email program will try to edit an e-mail to giovit@net.net (btw this is a fake email address) and the autoit help file will be open (if autoit was installed in c:\Program Files\Autoit3)

Example 2

- Run CmdLauncher (if it not running yet)

- Type "Second Sample" in the floating InputBox and press Enter Key (a dialog box will appear "Edit Command")

- Press the Add Button (you have to wait a while don't know why) another Dialog box will appear "Edit Properties"

- in the Item Type ComboBox Select "Special Folder"

- Select My Computer in the Special Folder ComboBox

- Select Normal Window int the Open as ComboBox

- Press OK Button

- Press Ok Button Again in the Edit Command Dialog Box

Now type sec in the floating InputBox, press TAB then press DOWN ARROW then press SPACE BAR the command in the listbox will be copied to the floating Input box.

Type Enter Key and you will see My Computer folder in your screen

I hope you will find this useful

if you want to delete this two command you have to delete the ini file created in the same folder where you saved the CmdLauncher.au3 because the Delete command is not implemented yet.

I did not try your second example as I was not able to get the first one working - issues:

When you copy the text in your example and then use your hot key the text that is written is including a CR (a small little box - bad char?) - if that is supposed to be there then why not the first one in list - anyway real slow when you click OK.

At first id did not work - like 3 times tried an nothing - went in and pressed test (not really working either) and got the first one to open then tried the second and rest - nothing. Then tried to delete the bad entries 2-4 and it took for ever to remove them and many attemps as pressin delete or remove (cant remember) - anyway after that still tried to run the sample and now have a list of 3 first samples in the drop down box after typing just one char in the input box (next to green arrow)

Also - it would be nice to be able to edit the command not just recreate it.

Also - and I have not looked at the code to much, but this is really slow and there is no notification on progress or that a step has been started - if it was faster, that would not be a problem, but it is slow and the user will not be able to tell that something has started or not.

I really like this idea - if what I see is correct - user will be able to group startup apps in one area and start those with a press of a button - cool.

Oh did I say it was slow - lol.

EDIT the delete button must somewhat work, as I was able to get it to be removed - but it would be nice also to be able to delete the commands from the application.

Edited by nitekram

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

"Everybody catches up with everyone, eventually" 

"As you teach others, you are really teaching yourself."

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

AutoIt Snippets | Multple Guis | Interrupting a running function | Another Send

StringRegExp | StringRegExp Help | RegEXTester | REG TUTOR | Reg TUTOT 2

AutoItSetOption | Macros | AutoIt Snippets | Wrapper | Autoit  Docs

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

Replace $ghGDIPDll with $__g_hGDIPDll

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

• 4 years later...
  • Moderators

How about you quit resurrecting old threads.

Lets see, 4 year old threads, how many versions of AutoIt do you think there were in that time frame?

Here's an idea, try to make it compatible with the version you're using!

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.