Pac-Man in AutoIt

rush4hire

Here's the other topic. But it says "just a preview".

I'm to the point where I should call it done and start moving on.

Here's everything!

Zip with source and compiled.

Homepage.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

This is a good example of the ProSpeed.dll functions.

If I work on this again, here is the TODO list:

;make ghost speed seperate from pac-man's

;better fruit behavior

;better high score system / even online

;pac mouth stop when he stops

;scene and intermission cinimatics

;few wierd graphical bugs with dead ghosts

Ghost speed is important in pac-man, but in this at least the blue time gets shorter per level. And pac-man always has an advantage cause he can turn corners faster and go through the tunnel faster.

Fruit is also an important part of the game.

High score is very important. In this example there is one high score at the top which is saved in regs. But I might add a top 10 or top 100 and it would be neat if scores could be listed on the internet like at neave.com and dota-allstars.com

I would like to discover how such data like high scores can be sent by a program in an encrypted manner so the user can't hack it and cheat.

Thank you for this comment jpam. And nice work on the ProSpeed functions. :whistle:

I played this on my laptop and the exhaust burned my leg.

It's the number of sprites that causes lag. After you eat most of the dots the CPU usage goes from 100% to about 50%.

It's not the sound cause I shut the sound off ( Global Const $NO_SOUND_MODE = True; at the top )

It's not the eating of the dots cause it's still lagging when I sit still.

I would need a customized version of ProSpeed.dll cause it must be polling those dots when it doesn't need to be. I bet it's checking for collision or something. Isn't there a way to turn that off? Are you sure you have all the functions?

It's not AutoIt's fault either, It would be just as bad if the game where made in C++

I can't find the source..

---- ugh! ----

I set all the move speed to 0 ( SetSpriteSpeed($ID, 0, 0) ) and it didn't help. :P

Great Job on the Game! :whistle:

Yep, unfortunately, more sprites on screen means more CPU time, on my PC it drops to about 50% after eating the first few dots.

Still tweaking my version of Breakout, almost there...

2015 - Still no flying cars, instead blankets with sleeves.

What no one has made a bot yet ;-) Its been about 10 hours since the original post

Firefox's secret is the same as Jessica Simpson's: its effortless, glamorous style is the result of — shhh — extensions!

I'm sure ProSpeed would be ok for Breakout or Asteroids. There's a wierd Asteroids game that comes with the examples for Prospeed.

Remember to make it big cause the move speed can't be finely adjusted.

I have to find another way to create those dots. You can't do anything with the GUICtrlCreat.. functions in AutoIt cause it will flash the screen. Even the score is done with pictures. lol..

Maybe instead of creating sprites for the dots with the dll just make em' yourself with a GUICtrlCreatePic and just make the program think its a prosepeed (add it manually to any variables etc. Than again, I havn't used the prospeed dll myself so I wouldn't know if this is possible.

[center][/center]Working on the next big thing.Currently Playing: Halo 4, League of LegendsXBL GT: iRememberYhslaw

you better use the collide func in prospeed for the ghost and pacman

and use the SetBackAutoCollision function for the sprites to stay between the graphics lines

i think that fix the problem

look at the SetBackAutoCollision demo how to use it

http://home.wanadoo.nl/jpamvanderouderaa/Prospeed.zip

jpam

I don't think it will work. They are not moving with MoveSprite, but SetSpritePos. Because the movement speed can't be adjusted very accuratly.

I already made this whole script with just graphic functions, no prospeed. But it was flashy and laggy.

They just go till they come to a turning point and they decide which way they want to turn.

If they are dead they want to go home.

If there's only one move they go that way, cause they can't go back.

If they are chasing pac-man they try to go his direction but if that won't work they turn the way that would bring them closer to pac-man.

Maybe instead of creating sprites for the dots with the dll just make em' yourself with a GUICtrlCreatePic and just make the program think its a prosepeed (add it manually to any variables etc. Than again, I havn't used the prospeed dll myself so I wouldn't know if this is possible.

Can't have any controls here or it will be flashy. Even the score is a bunch of sprites.

I tried the LoadImage function and if you use Onscreen($ID, $x, $y) it will copy the little pics, but when the ghosts travel over them they are erased.

I even tried CreateBlack($w, $h, $x, $y) to cover the dots, but again the ghosts erase the black.

Edited by rush4hire