C++ : AU3_ControlListView Issue :AutoItX

amit1

Hi,

I am running into some issues with AU3_ControlListView C++ API. None of the commands supplied seem to be working. It always return me an empty buffer.

AU3_ControlListView("My Window", "Menu List", "SysListView321", "GetItemCount", "", resultBuffer, bufLen);

AU3_ControlListView("My Window", "Menu List", "SysListView321", "FindItem", "Item4", resultBuffer, bufLen);

The compliation and linking goes through fine. Result buffer length is sufficient - much larger than required.

I tried numerous combinations, but everytime the same result - empty buffer. There are a no. of list items present in the window.

Any help/pointer will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Amit

ah, ok. Wonder what Amit means anyways.

What program are you trying to get the control of? Try running the command without the text parameter. Sometimes that works.

ps: I'm pretty sure this was posted in the wrong topic. (May be wrong). You'ld probably get more help in the ActiveX/COM forum.

ah, ok. Wonder what Amit means anyways.

What program are you trying to get the control of? Try running the command without the text parameter. Sometimes that works.

ps: I'm pretty sure this was posted in the wrong topic. (May be wrong). You'ld probably get more help in the ActiveX/COM forum.

amit is common yet popular indian name. i tried all the combinations even passing empty strings. no luck. sure, would post in other forum. thanks.

amit is common yet popular indian name. i tried all the combinations even passing empty strings. no luck. sure, would post in other forum. thanks.

any help will be greatly appreciated. pls. help.

amit.

any help will be greatly appreciated. pls. help.

amit.

Guys... any clue on this issue? Is AU3_ControlListView fully supported or not? How can I access the source code of AutoItX to figure out something myself? Authors or anyone else, pls. respond, if possible.

Thanks.

Amit

Edited by amit1