Command switchs used with AutoIT Scripts

I have been searching the forum for a while now trying to figure out if AutoIT has any facility to pass command line switches (arguments) to a script file. It would be of the form: someauscript.au3 /switch1 /something:else

I have become accustomed to doing this with VBS scripts. If AutoIT has this feature, or the feature can be emulated, I would be a very happy camper. This would be particularly useful with compiled au3 scripts.

I build a lot of custom scripts that ask for user input and sometimes it is nice to be able to use a silent option (/s) argument while executing the script to be able to perform the function with sane values. This is most useful when you want the script to run without user input, such as in remote script execution. I just don't want to build 2 versions of my script for user input and no user input.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

along the same line of thought - command line switches - is it possible to launch AutoIt3 via the command line IF you are accessing that command line

from a telnet session?

A lot of my automation script writing at work involves the ability to have a script (usually Perl) on a central server connect to remote machines and launch various processes.

I'd really, REALLY like to be able to startup a small windows app remotely and have it configure itself under the control of an autoit3 script I wrote.

The script works fine if I am physically on the machine under test, but when I telnet into it - autoit3.exe seems to immediately exit as soon as I execute it.

If I have to, I guess I can write a wrapper in Perl that will monitor a control socket for my remote commands and then launch the autoit3.exe when requested, but it would be

really nice and cleaner if I could simply launch an au3 script directly from a telnet session.

On second thought - I just noticed autoit3 has TCP support - so I should be able to directly enhance my original script into being a small server if needed!

I'll go that route - unless there IS a way to execute autoit3 from a telnet session.