Football PlayMaker

_Kurt

Hello,

A few days ago, someone had the idea of creating a Football PlayMaker in AutoIt. I personally it. Everyone had said how to do it and whether or not to use image files. I didn't see much progress being made, and, as excited as I was, decided to create a short example myself. This is a great example of using GUICtrlCreateGraphics. It currently has basic functions: adding players, drawing footsteps, deleting footsteps, deleting players, adding all players, & deleting all players. I thought of using DragControls.au3 (by GaFrost, I believe), but I said to myself "Why not do it yourself :whistle: ".

To delete a player, simply click on him and press {DELETE}. The function basically deletes the last clicked player. There seems to be no bugs, it should all work. Please remember not to stack a lot of footsteps, it will become very laggy.

The footsteps could be created in different ways, but I chose this way since.. well I think it looks pretty good :D. There are also boundaries for the players on each team.

Feel free to modify the script, if you find it hard to understand, simply post me a question and expect a response :P

Kurt

PlayMaker.au3

Edited by _Kurt

Awaiting Diablo III..

Hello,

A few days ago, someone sprung up the idea of creating a Football PlayMaker in AutoIt. I personally loved the idea. Everyone had an input on how to do it and whether or not to use image files. I didn't see much progress being made, and, as excited as I was, decided to create a short example myself. This is a great example of using GUICtrlCreateGraphics in a GUI. It currently has basic functions: adding players, drawing footsteps, deleting footsteps, deleting players, adding all players, & deleting all players. I thought of using DragControls.au3 (by GaFrost, I believe), but I said to myself "Why not do it yourself :whistle: ".

To delete a player, simply click on him and press {DELETE}. The function basically deletes the last clicked player. There seem to be no bugs, it should all work. Please remember not to stack a lot of footsteps, it will become very laggy.

The footsteps could be created in different ways, but I chose this way since.. well I think it looks pretty good :D

Feel free to modify the script, if you find it hard to understand, simply post me a question and expect a response :P

Kurt

Nice job.... Maybe in later versions animate the players?

Good job.

Nice job.... Maybe in later versions animate the players?

Good job.

Nah, Too hard.. too much work.. too many script lines for me. Plus it would be so glitchy & full of errors. In my mind, doing this is a waste of effort, but thanks for the suggestion.

Kurt

Awaiting Diablo III..

• 2 weeks later...

this is pretty sweet dude, mind if I mess with it a bit? I might be able to get my cousin's football coach to buy this from me, but i would animate the players. With your permission, may I play around with it just to see if i could animate them? It would be alot cooler lol.

~Nikolai

• 4 months later...