capture html source of websites whilst browsing

Hi, I'd like to create a web browser which can capture the html source of the embedded web object. The program would then search the html source for a specific string (keyword) and then store the value so it can be used for subsequent browser interaction.

The process would be a s follows

User logs on to website

browser reads source

looks for value

stores value

calls value and uses value combined with control in browser

I assume I would use INet.au3

#include <INet.au3>

$url = "grab url here"

ClipPut(_INetGetSource($url))

search for string

The data would be collected by clicking a button in the browser

I'd really appreciate some help here as I am new to programming, but am very keen to learn.

Many thanks Rob

Also look at IE.au3 (look in the UDF section of the help file).

Suggest you post some working code demonstrating what you one wanting to do and ask for help on specifics as you stretch it into shape.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble