Can I have pop up messages with automate?

Hi. sorry for my bad English. I will try to explaine what i want to do. When I run an automate script, until its done , there is the icon of automate in the system tray. Can I have this icon to prin in the screen a messege? for example to write : "the script is working" after to print "the script will now end". It would be perfect if it could popup a window , like msn messenger when you have a male to give you the idea. If this is posiple ,please give me an ansuer . thanks

• Developers

Hi. sorry for my bad English. I will try to explaine what i want to do. When I run an automate script, until its done , there is the icon of automate in the system tray. Can I have this icon to prin in the screen a messege? for example to write : "the script is working" after to print "the script will now end". It would be perfect if it could popup a window , like msn messenger when you have a male to give you the idea. If this is posiple ,please give me an ansuer . thanks

You mean TrayTip() ?

:whistle:

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Like this?

TrayTip ("Title", "Text", 5)
Sleep (2000)
Exit

12 DAYS!!

It doesnt do anything when I run this.. Why?

Try:

From the Helpfile:

TrayTip("I'm a title", "I'm the message", 5, 1)
MsgBox(4096,"", "Press OK to see another tip.")
TrayTip("clears any tray tip","",0)
TrayTip("", "A different tray tip.", 5)
Sleep(5000)
Edited by bert

Try:

From the Helpfile:

It stil doesnt do anything. It works the msgbox printing "Press OK to see another tip." , but nothing before and after pressing tha Ok button . I quess the icon in the tray should write "I'm a title", "I'm the message"

and after the Ok "A different tray tip." , but nothing hapens... I downloaded the latest version of autoit, because a had 2-3 months old, tried again, nothing, did a reboot to the pc , still nothing ... Any ideas why?

Thanks for the help anyway, I think this is what i was searching, but for some reason doesnt work to my pc..

Ok I tried to my second pc and it works ok, it does what i wanted. I dont know why it doesnt work in this pc, perhaps any problem with XP service pack 2? ...

I just ran into this problem this week - I had a user that could not see TrayTips on a system running XP Pro SP2. I logged onto that system as another user and it worked as expected... so it was something unique to his setup. I never did find out what caused it. Anyone know?

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

Ok thanks for the info.. Then perhaps any problem with my Greek win Xp ?.... Any other Greek in here using autoit ? a bit dificult i think... ! (the other PC has English Xp..)

Edited by sosimple

I just ran into this problem this week - I had a user that could not see TrayTips on a system running XP Pro SP2. I logged onto that system as another user and it worked as expected... so it was something unique to his setup. I never did find out what caused it. Anyone know?

Ok thanks , I'll try this also.

• 2 months later...

...I had a user that could not see TrayTips on a system running XP Pro SP2. I logged onto that system as another user and it worked as expected... so it was something unique to his setup. I never did find out what caused it. Anyone know?

See http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=348375

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]