help please

hi i have the new AutoItv3 i have use macros and keytext before but i seen one of my friends use this program i have som scripts that i have in key text and i would like to convert them over to the AutoIt script runner but i dont know how to get started i need some major help. can someone please help me u can im me at pokerking316@yahoo.com

i run a gaming league on a gaming site and i like the autoit program it is much better then alot of the other script programs out there i just dont know how to get it started i dont understand all the codes and functions. is there e1 that can help me understand them so that i can create my own scripts i have some from autoit that my friend sent me but i cant get in to them to access them and so i can understand the functions. can someone please help me

Pokerking8,

Firstly, welcome aboard!

Secondly, install the program and have a look through the help file. There is a HUGE wealth of information on how to do things with AutoIT. Simple things like launching a program, looking for the open window after it was executed, then sending certain keystrokes. All this is documented in the help file.

If you cannot find the specifics, or are confused with the explanation, jump on the forums and do a quick search for what you want to achieve. Chances are, someone has already done what you want. Copy some other peoples code, run it and see what happens. Change it, then run it, see what happens. All good fun really :P

eg. If you wanted to open your networks page, and configure your wireless network connection automagically (I had to do this to almost 150 laptops at work here, and setup WPA2 etc etc.) Here's a very short snippet of code from my config.

; Setting the advanced setting in Network Properties
Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & 'ncpa.cpl', "C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache", @SW_HIDE)
sleep (1000)

WinWait ( 'Network Connections' )
if NOT WinActive ( 'Network Connections', '' ) then
    WinActivate ( 'Network Connections' )
endif
WinWaitActive ( 'Network Connections' )
sleep ( 1000 )
Send ( 'wireless' )
sleep ( 1000 )
send ('{Appskey}')
sleep ( 1000 )
send ( 'r' )
sleep (1000)

WinWait ( 'Wireless Network Connection Properties', 'Connect using:' )
if NOT WinActive ( 'Wireless Network Connection Properties', 'Connect using:' ) then
    WinActivate ( 'Wireless Network Connection Properties', 'Connect using:' )
endif
WinWaitActive ( 'Wireless Network Connection Properties', 'Connect using:' )
sleep ( 1000 )
Send ( '+{Tab}' )
sleep ( 1000 )
send ( '+{Tab}' )
sleep ( 1000 )
send ('{Right}' )
sleep (1000)

WinWait ( 'Wireless Network Connection Properties', 'Wireless Networks' )
if NOT WinActive ( 'Wireless Network Connection Properties', 'Wireless Networks' ) then
    WinActivate ( 'Wireless Network Connection Properties', 'Wireless Networks' )
endif
WinWaitActive ( 'Wireless Network Connection Properties', 'Wireless Networks' )
sleep ( 1000 )

Anyway, enjoy your learning experience. Install SciTE, as it helps with autocompletion for speedy script writing.

-> KegRaider. :whistle: