Data from tooltip

Ram

Hi, I want to get values and compare them but these values are on a tooltip.

I have a column in an application. When I mouse over the column heading I get a tooltip with different values. Now I would like collect those values and assign it to a varriable so that it would be easier for me to compare.

Getting the value from the tooltip is a problem. Attached picture for your reference. Can we get the tooltip value? Is this possible?

Thanks!

PS: I posted the same in another SubForum: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=43273 - can somebody delete this for me.. Thanks!

Edited by Ram

what happens when you use the window info tool to see what the id of the control is? That may get what you need.

Nope.. I couldn't get anything important..

This is what I get when I mouse over the column.

Press CTRL-ALT-F to freeze the display.

>>>>>>>>>>>> Window Details <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Title: Contact - Peter Thomas

Class: ContactPlatform

Size: X: 520 Y: 52 W: 1069 H: 776

>>>>>>>>>>> Mouse Details <<<<<<<<<<<

Screen: X: 868 Y: 522

Cursor ID: 2

>>>>>>>>>>> Pixel Color Under Mouse <<<<<<<<<<<

RGB: Hex: 0x000000 Dec: 0

>>>>>>>>>>> Control Under Mouse <<<<<<<<<<<

Size: X: 181 Y: 395 W: 871 H: 299

Control ID:

ClassNameNN: AfxOleControl701

Text: GridX

Style: 0x52300000

ExStyle: 0x00000004

>>>>>>>>>>> Status Bar Text <<<<<<<<<<<

(1): Ready

(2):

>>>>>>>>>>> Visible Window Text <<<<<<<<<<<

Add or Find a Contact

Folder

GridX

Ready

>>>>>>>>>>> Hidden Window Text <<<<<<<<<<<

Go to Contact

Edited by Ram

Hi, I want to get values and compare them but these values are on a tooltip.

I have a column in an application. When I mouse over the column heading I get a tooltip with different values. Now I would like collect those values and assign it to a varriable so that it would be easier for me to compare.

Getting the value from the tooltip is a problem. Attached picture for your reference. Can we get the tooltip value? Is this possible?

Thanks!

PS: I posted the same in another SubForum: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=43273 - can somebody delete this for me.. Thanks!

Take a look at the ToolTip module in Auto3Lib. It allows you to read the ToolTips in external processes. It has a demo that captures the ToolTips in Explorer when you place the mouse over the items.
Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt

Take a look at the ToolTip module in Auto3Lib. It allows you to read the ToolTips in external processes. It has a demo that captures the ToolTips in Explorer when you place the mouse over the items.

Thanks PaulIA...I compiled the demo script and hovered the mouse to the column all I got in the text: field is the title of the application and not the tooltip.. and the help doesn't seem to work. there is a function called _ToolTip_GetText I'm not sure how to use this???

It would be great if you could help me out with this function..

Thanks!

Thanks PaulIA...I compiled the demo script and hovered the mouse to the column all I got in the text: field is the title of the application and not the tooltip.. and the help doesn't seem to work. there is a function called _ToolTip_GetText I'm not sure how to use this???

It would be great if you could help me out with this function..

Thanks!

Copy the contents of the Include folder to the AutoIt Include folder. Copy the help file to the AutoIt directory. Read the demo. It says that you need to run the demo in SciTE in order to see the results. If you have any other Auto3Lib questions, please post them in the Auto3Lib thread in the Examples forum as I don't regularly scan the other forums for Auto3Lib support.
Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt