Does everyone have either VC6 or .NET 2003

Jon

• Administrators

'Tis done.

I'll still compile final releases with VC6 though - it's a couple of KB smaller (at least after upx'ed).

I've also found and implemented a workaround for the upx problem of not being able to compress .NET 2003 exes. :whistle:

well from what i have read on thier forums, you must have done something they were thinking of. cause they are still clueless, at the last glance i gave forum. are you having it deported then reimported then reassigned, then dismissed. lol that is what they are concluding on the upx 1.9 beta. :whistle:

• Administrators

Yeah, at first I used "PE Tools" to remove the "Load Config" section, but I found another workaround that allows the compiler to do it.

I'd post it on the upx forum but I'm not registering just to post one message.

I love this tool! If Visual C++ 2003 is required...I have the ability to get legitimate copies of Visual C++ Standard 2003 VERY cheap. I would be willing to facilitate getting all the authors copies at cost. I don't want to be taken advantage of, so your name must apear in the Authors.txt file. Let me know.

I use VC6 as well.

:iamstupid:

There is a utility out there for stripping the symbol table and relocation table from the .exe which could make the executable smaller even before using UPX. Just a thought. No I can not find a stripper for PE executables. I can hunt for one.

Edited by Nutster

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...

• Administrators

I love this tool! If Visual C++ 2003 is required...I have the ability to get legitimate copies of Visual C++ Standard 2003 VERY cheap. I would be willing to facilitate getting all the authors copies at cost. I don't want to be taken advantage of, so your name must apear in the Authors.txt file. Let me know.

That's a generous offer. Can you mail me details and I'll pass them on to the devs?

Also, is the Standard version crippled in anyway like VC6 Standard was?

.NET compiler is much nicer to edit the source files with than VC6 (even if we do continue to distribute the .exe as compiled by VC6 due to size)