New SciTi editor slow execution

I really like SciTi editor cause I just hit F5 and I can test my script.

When I do this with the SciTi that comes AutoIt installation, does it really fast, taking about 200 ms.

Ok, but I read somewhere that if I want all the features I have to install a seperate package, so I do and I like some of the features like it keeps track of my variable names, but it takes 1600 ms to run a script.

I'm the kind of coder that gets tired of thinking after awhile so I just keep trying dumb stuff and testing it over and over till eventually it works somehow. So I keep switching between editors.

So how do I shut off these things that slow down execution so I can have the best of both worlds?

Thanks in advance. :whistle:

Err, maybe I misunderstood, but you may try to open au3.properties and set check.updates.scite4autoit3 to 0. This way, scite will not try to check for new updates. At least that helps if you run the check for the first time. :whistle:

• Developers

I really like SciTi editor cause I just hit F5 and I can test my script.

When I do this with the SciTi that comes AutoIt installation, does it really fast, taking about 200 ms.

Ok, but I read somewhere that if I want all the features I have to install a seperate package, so I do and I like some of the features like it keeps track of my variable names, but it takes 1600 ms to run a script.

I'm the kind of coder that gets tired of thinking after awhile so I just keep trying dumb stuff and testing it over and over till eventually it works somehow. So I keep switching between editors.

So how do I shut off these things that slow down execution so I can have the best of both worlds?

Thanks in advance. :whistle:

I will need more info before I can answer this. Please show all output fron the Output Pane.

Only guess at this moment is that Au3check is run by AutoIt3Wrapper before AutoIt3 which doesn;t happen with the SciTE Lite version.

:P

ps. its the correct forum...

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

This happens because the Cut-Down version does not create console output, so it skips that step and moves right to execution.

The extra time taken is the time for Au3Check and the Output pane to display. Then execution starts.

• Developers

This happens because the Cut-Down version does not create console output, so it skips that step and moves right to execution.

The extra time taken is the time for Au3Check and the Output pane to display. Then execution starts.

Not fully correct... The Lite version doesn't run AutoIt3Wrapper, which also runs Au3Check, and runs AutoIt3 directly .....

:whistle:

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Ok, I run a blank script with nothing.

1st in the lite SciTi

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\SciTE\..\autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "C:\k\test.au3"  
>Exit code: 0   Time: 0.222

Then in the slow SciTi

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\k\test.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3" /UserParams  
+>17:11:20 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.7.6
>Running AU3Check (1.54.6.0)  params:  from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3
+>17:11:20 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.2.2.0):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\k\test.au3" 
+>17:11:20 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0
+>17:11:21 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished
>Exit code: 0   Time: 1.955

So ~200 ms vs ~2000

Here I'll use this script to test my scripts:

HotKeySet("{F5}","testfast")
HotKeySet("{F6}","testslow")
HotKeySet("{F8}","_exit")

;;@@ WARNING:  This will only work when you are are in SciTE editor
;;for it gets the filepath to your script from the window title.
Func testfast()
$t = StringSplit(WinGetTitle("")," - ")
run('C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "'& $t[1] &'"')
EndFunc

Func testslow()
HotKeySet("{F5}")
Send("{F5}")
HotKeySet("{F5}","testfast")
EndFunc

Func _exit()
Exit    
EndFunc

While 1
    Sleep(1000)
WEnd

So F5 to test fast, F6 to test slow where the output will be at the bottom of the editor, which is nice sometimes, cause if there's an error it will give you the line and letter, and you can click and it will take you to the line.

Edited by rush4hire

• Developers

Ok, I run a blank script with nothing.

So F5 to test fast, F6 to test slow where the output will be at the bottom of the editor, which is nice sometimes, cause if there's an error it will give you the line and letter, and you can click and it will take you to the line.

yes, and the question/problem is what?

I really fail to see your problem with the 1.5 Seconds of execution time considering all the stuff that is done for YOU by AutoIt3Wrapper.

...But if you don't LIKE the 1.5 seconds then please just don't use the Full SciTE4AutoIt3 version and do it all manually or something ...

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Ya, that's why I made the script, so I can have the best of both worlds.

But I think it's a concern. Am I the only one that wants to run a small piece of code over and over again making small changes each time? Sometimes when designing a GUI, or testing a function I'm not familiar with..

When you test many times over and over you don't have time to wait 2000 ms for execution.. 200 ms is bad enough.

But of course sometimes I find the autoit Wrapper very useful, so that's why I have 2 hotkeys for execution. F5 for fast (which I use mostly), and F6 when I want the Wrapper features :shocked:

:peace:

@rush4hire

You may need to customize Scite yourself. You will see these lines below in au3.properties.

# Commands to compile / run your script
command.go.$(file.patterns.au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "$(FilePath)" /autoit3dir "$(autoit3dir)" /UserParams $(1) $(2) $(3) $(4)
;command.go.$(file.patterns.au3)="$(autoit3dir)\autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "$(FilePath)" $(1) $(2) $(3) $(4)
command.go.subsystem.$(file.patterns.au3)=1

See the commented line beginning with ";", used to be used. Just copy that line into your User Options file and uncomment it..

You will need to specify the path for the $(autoit3dir) variable so copy the path at the top of your au3.properties file into User Options file also above the lines copied above.

# *** Specify here your AutoIt program directory  ***
autoit3dir=C:\Program Files\AutoIt3

Remember you are customizing a standard installation, so you need to address bugs by checking that your customizations are correct before involving others to spend time on the issue.

:shocked:

Edited by MHz

• Developers

Ya, that's why I made the script, so I can have the best of both worlds.

But I think it's a concern. Am I the only one that wants to run a small piece of code over and over again making small changes each time? Sometimes when designing a GUI, or testing a function I'm not familiar with..

When you test many times over and over you don't have time to wait 2000 ms for execution.. 200 ms is bad enough.

But of course sometimes I find the autoit Wrapper very useful, so that's why I have 2 hotkeys for execution. F5 for fast (which I use mostly), and F6 when I want the Wrapper features :shocked:

:peace:

Honestly I think this is a load of BS. I don't know how much time you spend coding scripts, but calling 2 seconds to AU3Check and Running it a "Concern" is in my mind ridiculous.

I prefer to always run AU3Check automatically when I am coding because I know I will make those typing mistakes and prefer it is checked.

But do as Mhz suggests and you have your Fast running option.....

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.