syntax .... very simple?

I'm curious...why do people seem to find it needed to launch CMD.exe and make that launch another EXE-file for them,

when they can just start the file that they actually want to start directly with Run anyway ? Like...this for example :

Run("C:\windows\notepad.exe")

I'm curious...why do people seem to find it needed to launch CMD.exe and make that launch another EXE-file for them,

when they can just start the file that they actually want to start directly with Run anyway ? Like...this for example :

Run("C:\windows\notepad.exe")oÝ÷ Ûú®¢×Ê"¶Ç¯zw²'«Â+ajëh×6Run("notepad.exe")
because it in the windows system dir.
Edited by EndFunc
EndFuncAutoIt is the shiznit. I love it.

uhg I didn't want to get into that. I won't tell you right away why I'm using cmd, because I'm going to show you some of my code, and from that you should see why I am using cmd.exe.

My new problem is with

@AutoItExe & " /AutoIt3ExecuteLine " & "Run('cmd.exe /c "start C:\windows\notepad.exe"', @HOMEDRIVE, @SW_HIDE)")

This gives me an error every time.... and I've tried many different ways.

The "C:\windows\notepad.exe" is the default line in the GUI to show the end user an example of how to type in the locations to files.

C:\windows\notepad.exe will be where the user's command will be inserted.

Please help :whistle:

Thanks

uhm....

@AutoItExe & " /AutoIt3ExecuteLine " & "Run('cmd.exe /c "start C:\windows\notepad.exe"', @HOMEDRIVE, @SW_HIDE)")

I am using that line because I am making a remote access program.... the client just sends autoit commands to the server... since you cannot call normal functions, like run, I am using autoit3executeline... when u are using that you cannot AutoItSetOption("RunErrorsFatal", 0) , so if the client told the server to run a file that did not exist, it would come up with an autoit error.

This is why I didn't want to get into WHY i am using this tedious method... but there you have it.

So, can you fix it or not?

wonderful.... now there is a personal competition on my forum that isn't even addressing the issue of syntax.

great.

Edited by daslick

wonderful.... now there is a personal competition on my forum that isn't even addressing the issue of syntax.

great.

oh, calm down. :whistle:

@AutoItExe & ' /AutoIt3ExecuteLine "Run('&"'cmd.exe /c "&'"start C:\windows\notepad.exe"'&"', @HOMEDRIVE, @SW_HIDE))"

edit: no wait, that won't work...

Edited by theguy0000

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

i think this one works...

@AutoItExe & ' /AutoIt3ExecuteLine "Run('&"'cmd.exe /c "&'''''start C:\windows\notepad.exe'''''&"', @HOMEDRIVE, @SW_HIDE)"&'"'
Edited by theguy0000

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

Okay... last thing.

in your code you put

@AutoItExe & ' /AutoIt3ExecuteLine "Run('&"'cmd.exe /c "&'"start C:\windows\notepad.exe"'&"', @HOMEDRIVE, @SW_HIDE))"

Mine actually is divided up like this

Run(@AutoItExe & " /AutoIt3ExecuteLine " & $Cmd)

If you look at yours, it does not have the closed single quote until the end... mine doesn't use those at all...

Thanks so much!

great.

I can only guess that you're referring to my post there... Anyway, there's no competition going on here, and my edit wasn't a

victory-attempt at all. You clearly didn't understand that so just move along, calm down and keep that smile wide.

I'm actually smiling right now... :whistle:... its just kind of a let-down when u wait and wait and finally see a post! - then see that its just people running notepads...

Can anyone seperate one of the posted working run commands into this format? :\

Run(@AutoItExe & " /AutoIt3ExecuteLine " & $Cmd) where $Cmd is the run command

Thanks

Okay...

I have tried

run(@AutoItExe & ' /AutoIt3ExecuteLine "Run('&"'cmd.exe /c "&'''''start C:\windows\notepad.exe'''''&"', @HOMEDRIVE, @SW_HIDE)"&'"')

and it does not work.

Also, I need a way to send commands to a variable and run them like this...

Run(@AutoItExe & " /AutoIt3ExecuteLine " & $Cmd)

currently, I have gotten none of the suggested code to work. Could someone please take a look?

• Developers

currently, I have gotten none of the suggested code to work. Could someone please take a look?

Something like this?

run(@AutoItExe & ' /AutoIt3ExecuteLine "Run(@COMSPEC & '' /c start "C:\windows\notepad.exe"'')', @HOMEDRIVE, @SW_HIDE)

:whistle:

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Yes, thanks. :whistle: Thats the first line that has worked. I still, because of the position of the second single-quote, don't see how to user a variable for the command.

Run(@AutoItExe & ' /AutoIt3ExecuteLine "$Cmd)

Now there are problems with quotes again. At least now we KNOW that it can be done. :P Thanks JdeB!