Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dethredic

Firefox Optimizer and Preference Changer

21 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

I am glad to finally release the full version (not beta).

Note - A custom preset has not been tested (changed).

Future

May be a Skin

Bugs

Still some problem with presets.

New

March 15 - Backup / Restore Completed

Any ideas for other features? or bugs you notice?

Firefox_Optimizer.au3

Presets.au3

Edited by Dethredic

"Its not about the 30 inch 1080p display, or the SLI 8800 ultras, or the DDR3 memory. It's about when you turn on your PC, does it return the favor?"Math is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that is not why we do it

70 views and 0 comments :whistle:

"Its not about the 30 inch 1080p display, or the SLI 8800 ultras, or the DDR3 memory. It's about when you turn on your PC, does it return the favor?"Math is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that is not why we do it

Very nice work :whistle:. keep it up.

[center][/center]Working on the next big thing.Currently Playing: Halo 4, League of LegendsXBL GT: iRememberYhslaw

70 views and 0 comments :(

Look on the bright side...no bug reports either!

Anyhow I like it, good work, again. :shocked:

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

Very nice, its seems to have made my firefox slightly fast though its hard to tell as my firefox is normally pretty fast :shocked: . One suggestion though, have it automatically create a backup when you optimize, just in case something doesn't work correctly. I personally didn't have any problems but its never a bad idea to have a backup just in case.

Edited by smstroble

MUHAHAHAHAHA

2 = 1

That is one interpretation, given your assumption that it is permissible to divide by "zero" (since a=x, it must follow that a-x = "zero"). But since "zero" is a concept, rather than a number, you are not allowed to perform arithmetical manipulations with it... unless, of course, you're prepared to develop a new mathematics in which the ultimate discovery is that everything is the same as everything else, but it doesn't matter because you can't tell the difference anyway... and then you'd be a _________ (fill in the blank with pejorative of your choice: Democrat, Republican, European, Enemy Combatant, et cetera).

Nobody needs a job. Not much, anyway. Before you need a job, there's a lot of other stuff you need. More or less in order of how badly you need them: AIR, WATER, FOOD, SHELTER, CLOTHING, COMPANIONSHIP, and ACTIVITY. You've been led to believe you need money to "pay" someone else to provide those for you - all but AIR, so far. How long is it going to be before you have to "pay" for AIR, too?

2=1 Brilliant.

nice script BTW

Backup function is a good idea.

Ill get on it.

(There is also reinstall)!!

#11 ·  Posted (edited)

That is one interpretation, given your assumption that it is permissible to divide by "zero" (since a=x, it must follow that a-x = "zero"). But since "zero" is a concept, rather than a number, you are not allowed to perform arithmetical manipulations with it... unless, of course, you're prepared to develop a new mathematics in which the ultimate discovery is that everything is the same as everything else, but it doesn't matter because you can't tell the difference anyway... and then you'd be a _________ (fill in the blank with pejorative of your choice: Democrat, Republican, European, Enemy Combatant, et cetera).

I know it doesn't actually work, but its fun to confuse people with :shocked: . You take the fun out of everything lol. I tried this at school in my advanced placement chemistry class and they got so confused and on the wrong track that i had to give them the reason it doesn't work for fear of their brains burning out lol :( . Anyway dividing by 0 is very interesting, i think anything but 0 div by 0 should be infinity, answer a theoretical problem with an even more theoretical answer :P . Not sure what to do with 0/0 on one hand you think they are the same so 1 but there are infinite 0's in 0 so how can it be both 1 and infinity? Fun stuff.

P.S. I read an article about a professor who "solved" the divide by zero issue. He "invented" nullity which pretty much is complete garbage, basically all he did was change undefined to "nullity" and for some reason he feels this is a solution, lol. All he did was give it another name, still no math can be performed with "nullity" thus making it utterly useless.

Backup function is a good idea.

Ill get on it.

Cool, glad i can help ;) .

(There is also reinstall)!!

Pffft yeah right, i have been customizing my Firefox for some long, i don't know how i could get it just right again, I've changed almost everything. I had to copy my profile to my flash drive in order to get it all setup pretty, then run trough some more customizations for portability and speed from my flash drive, its still notoriously slow to start though.

Edited by smstroble

MUHAHAHAHAHA

Pffft yeah right, i have been customizing my Firefox for some long, i don't know how i could get it just right again, I've changed almost everything. I had to copy my profile to my flash drive in order to get it all setup pretty, then run trough some more customizations for portability and speed from my flash drive, its still notoriously slow to start though.

Ok. I see your point.

March 16 - Backup / Restore feature completed.

#14 ·  Posted (edited)

works for me... :shocked:

***Edit*** Ooooh....worky for me goooooood. Can we make oneatheese for IE? :P:(

Edited by Nikolai

***Edit*** Ooooh....worky for me goooooood. Can we make oneatheese for IE? idea.gif idiot.gif

Not sure, I am no pro with IE and Never use it. It is also not open source (but i don't know if that has anything to do with it.)

#16 ·  Posted (edited)

awwwww....fine I'll make one without you then :shocked:

Edited by Nikolai

awwwww....fine I'll make one without you then laugh.gif

Be my guest. When you are done we can put them together.

cooooool. hey, how come no one is ever on the RAP channel when I am? :(:shocked:

Way off topic, but we use the forum now.

good!