Screenshot Entire Webpage

How can I take a screenshot of an entire webpage from top to bottom? All the screen capture tools that I have tried only take the screenshots of the image that appear on your screen. I want to be able to take a screenshot of a forum page from the top until your scroll all the way down on the page.

Thanks in advance.

Just right off the top of my head, but shouldn't printing the web page to a virtual printer that makes PDF have the same affect, except it wouldn't be an image file, so maybe a virtual printer that made something other than PDF's? Ok, enough off the top of my head for now.

Can't understand why in your searching you never found lazycat's captdll.dll

1905russell,

I dont believe lazycat's program has the ability to screenshot the entire page of a webpage or any long window. It just does the same thing as if you pressed the "Screenshot" button.

Lazycat, maybe you know if there is some other dll out there they can do what I want?

Can't understand why in your searching you never found lazycat's captdll.dll

1905russell,

I dont believe lazycat's program has the ability to screenshot the entire page of a webpage or any long window. It just does the same thing as if you pressed the "Screenshot" button.

Lazycat, maybe you know if there is some other dll out there they can do what I want?

ummm....this is a serious question - Why do you need to screen shot the page? If it is just a web page, then just capture the source code for the page. Are you needing whatever is inputed into some edit fields also? You can do that with the IE tools that is apart of AutoIt. Seems like you are asking a odd question.

1905russell,

I realized this soon after I posted it - I really am going crazy with taxtime - I had misunderstood what the question was. I thought about correcting it but figured after a few days of guilt that nobody was paying attention anyway as I watched it fade away into dark blue history. I promised myself I was going to stay away from this forum until after tax season but could not resist what I thought was a simple captdll.dll question. Sorry. BTW I seem to remember from my use of captdll.dll that it is far more flexible and powerful and is not the same thing as pressing the "Screenshot" button. Thanks.

Edit

Oh no this apology became my 100th post - not worthy of another star.

Edited by 1905russell

ummm....this is a serious question - Why do you need to screen shot the page? If it is just a web page, then just capture the source code for the page. Are you needing whatever is inputed into some edit fields also? You can do that with the IE tools that is apart of AutoIt. Seems like you are asking a odd question.

Most of the webpages are longer than one screen and I need to take those snapshots and put them into a Word document. The program should be able to copy the full page (no matter how long it is) and save it as an image file. Some third party programs I think scroll around the page taking shots which they later stitch together. Not sure why you would call this an "odd" question?

From my knowledge I've never seen anything like this with AutoIt. However what you might try it taking a look at how other programs do it, like the one linked earlier or this firefox extension https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1593, and learn from their code. Possibly just use AutoIt to manipulate the program/extension you use to get what you want done.